Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to pull the trigger on this transfer offer in May?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to pull the trigger on this transfer offer in May?

I am on the fence. My service has been good for the most part (excluding the December incident) but all this week I am getting micro freezing issues. Just wondered if anyone else was going to pay the $20 and try the new provider.

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
    I am on the fence. My service has been good for the most part (excluding the December incident) but all this week I am getting micro freezing issues. Just wondered if anyone else was going to pay the $20 and try the new provider.
    I'm not planning on doing it at this time. I have no real problems with internet and I can't see spending $3 less a month for 2/3 the download speed and a small increase in upload speed (my plan is grandfathered). I'm not inclined to go the DSL route either, I've never had it, but don't know anyone who is as happy with DSL internet as I am with cable internet. Not only that, the best DSL speed available is 25 Mbps compared with my current 45Mbps.

Comment

I'm going to stay with CIK/Rogers for the time being, I have VOIP phone service with CIK at an amazing price and it works pretty well most of the time, I am afraid I may loose that deal if I switch.
      DSL is out of the question here anyways as they only offer 6 mbs in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
        I'm not happy about it, but I paid the $20 within seconds of getting the email CIK Telecom is horrible.

Comment

I took them up on the switch to VDSL offer. I'm done with the CIK Network and really felt VDSL was the best offer. I'm only out the price of a new modem, but I will recoup that by selling the old one which works fine on the ROGERS TPIA network.

When I move, if VDSL isn't possible, I will go back to cable, but as it stands I have a VSLAM in by building so this just makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by whitby View Post
            I'm going to stay with CIK/Rogers for the time being, I have VOIP phone service with CIK at an amazing price and it works pretty well most of the time, I am afraid I may loose that deal if I switch.
            DSL is out of the question here anyways as they only offer 6 mbs in this area.
            Have you tried Magic Jack Go? I've been using it for 2 months with VMedia rock solid device, phone quality A+

Comment

Did the switch to vdsl many months ago and can't be any happier, getting full speeds all the time 45/10. No matter what phone company you have either having a land line or voip you cannot be at voip.ms been with them last 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by agovereau View Post

Have you tried Magic Jack Go? I've been using it for 2 months with VMedia rock solid device, phone quality A+
                Yes I have a Magic Jack Go also, I assigned it a Sudbury local number so my extended family there can call me like its a local call.
                I also have to use the Magic Jack to call the USA because my VOIP plan is only free for Canada.
                Both systems work well for me, I get the odd dropped call but that only happens once in a blue moon.
                I have 2 line phones in my house with line 1 being CIK VOIP (I ported my Bell number over to this service) and line 2 is the magic jack with different rings for each line.
                The deal I received from CIK is even better than the Magic Jack so I really don't want to risk screwing that up by switching.
                Besides my TV seems to be working fine, there is a slowdown during prime time but not enough to effect the TV.
                Now that I said that, I probably jinxed everything and now I will get severe freezing LOL
                Last edited by whitby; 04-23-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Switching to rogers, my speeds last night where 6/10, and it was freezing etc. if this doesn't solve the problem, I will be moving to ********* within the year, and they offer 100/100 service for $45, and TV is $60, plus a fee for the pvr storage, so it's close to vmedia. Hope the switch to rogers will fix the issue and I don't have to switch.

Comment

I've never had any problems with VMedia/CIK cable internet and I'm on a grandfathered plan (25/2) so I've got no plans to switch.

Comment

I'm getting the 50/10 VDSL offer. For the price and speed without the dry loop it seems like the best option for me at the moment.

Comment

never received the offers yet, still waiting to see what it is.

Comment

Hi,

The first batch was sent to customers who are on current, in-market plans presently. Next batch will include customers who are on grandfathered plans and wish to transfer + upgrade to in-market plans. This email is being readied and will likely go out this coming week.

Comment

Hi Matt, I made the decision to transfer because I interpreted the transfer to be exclusively to vMedia Cable Internet cutting out all middle man services. But after having my friend read the email he interpreted that it's just a switch eliminating CIK and that I'd still be using Roger internet and not an exclusive vMedia Cable Internet as I thought. I realize this is because you can't name CIK and Rogers/Cogeco in the communication, but it leaves the customer to read between the lines. Just my 2 cents, I may not have decided to transfer if I had understood the email as my friend had. I despise Roger and would rather have exclusive Internet from vMedia since I really enjoy the vMedia IPTV service.

Secondly, will I receive an email when the transfer will occur? The confirmation email only indicated that I would be charged $19.95 on the next billing cycle but did not indicate when the transfer occurs.

Comment

HI legoblocks,

Thank you for reaching out to us, your friend is indeed correct, and there are some guidelines which we must follow in regards to how this must be communicated.

If you do not wish to go ahead with the transfer, you are still able to have that cancelled and can remain with your current plan indefinitely if you wish. Our Customer Care team will be able to process this request for you. 1-855-333-8269.

Regarding the timeline of the transfer, we do not know the exact date(s) right now that each transfer will take place yet, as the underlying provider is only able to process a certain amount each day once our agreement comes into play. However, moving forward, once this information is confirmed to us in the coming week(s), we will be informing our customers who decided to take advantage of this offer, and the switch itself will be very seamless, only a modem reboot will be required.

Comment

Working...
                              X