Voicemail timestamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voicemail timestamps

So from what I can tell, and chatting with the customer support rep, it seems that there is no way to get a timestamp from a voicemail message. I have never heard of any voicemail system, dating back to the old magnetic tape based systems that did not provide a timestamp. More still, I would also like to know the # that called and left that voicemail, something that has been around for well over 20 years.

Is this something vMedia is going to be adding in the near future?

Hi puckpuck,

The agent is correct, currently when you check voicemail there is no notification before playing the audio which indicates the date and time the message was left at. We have no immediate plans to change the current VM system, but this is a feature which we may be able to add in the future.

Comment

My phone has caller id and shows the missed calls with date and time, I think a lot of phones with caller id have this feature. So no need for voicemail to tell you.

Comment

So I get 50 calls during a week vacation. You want me to scroll through that list to figure out the timestamps for voicemail? How do I know what number someone called from, especially if its someone I don't know personally, but need to speak with. maybe someone for my child's school, or the appliance repairman, etc.

There is very much a big need for timestamps and caller id on voicemail.

Comment

I agree 100% - this is something that has been included in other service providers voicemail for years and years - should be a no brainer. Very frustrating lack of feature.

Comment

Working...
          X