CraveTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CraveTV

Signed up for CraveTV to check it out and then I find out it is not even out for VBOX yet DAMN

So I go to cravetv.ca and it says I need to subscribe.
    How do I watch it?

Hi,

It's the same as other "Go Apps", you first need to create an account at watchtveverywhere.ca, and it will take up to 24 hours for your subscription to populate.

Once you see the CraveTV logo in your watchtveverwhere profile, you will be able to sign into CraveTV services using your watchtveverywhere username and password.

Comment

I downloaded the crave TV android app to my vbox but the app is pretty terrible and is always buffering

Comment

Hi,

It's not optimized for the VBox unfortunately. Crave can be accessed by PC, and via mobile devices currently. In the future we will have CraveTV content available directly on the VBox similar to that of HBO VOD.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
            Hi,

It's not optimized for the VBox unfortunately. Crave can be accessed by PC, and via mobile devices currently. In the future we will have CraveTV content available directly on the VBox similar to that of HBO VOD.

Matt,
            When will this happen?
            I only saw that the VBOX was not supported after I had started my free month.

Comment

Hi,

The VBox is supported and the mobile application can be loaded, but it's not optimized and playback is somewhat problematic. This seems to be a common problem with the CraveTV application and affects other devices as well. Hopefully it will be updated to address this in the near future. Viewing over PC is definitely a better alternative.

We think allowing streaming of CraveTV content directly from the VBox, similar to that of our other VOD services, is the best and most convenient option moving forward. There is a very large amount of content to be encoded and readied for this - we're probably a few months away from it being available directly on the VBox.

Comment

Thanks Matt
                I hope it makes it to the VBOX soon because that is what we use mostly in the house. I would never use my PC for cravetv. The tablet is nice but the VBOX is what I need

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                  Hi,

The VBox is supported and the mobile application can be loaded, but it's not optimized and playback is somewhat problematic.
                  Did you notice any difference between the dual core and the quad core vboxes? I just ordered cravetv but I'm assuming its a solid day for the accounts to transfer along between all parties.

Comment

I didn't really notice a performance difference between the DC and QC, but the 2.4GHz remote with air mouse is certainly helpful.

If you already have a watchtveverywhere account, it should take no more than 24 hours for your subscription to populate, although typically we see it around 12 hours. Your subscription data is uploaded from our end automatically once added, and from there it's just depends on watchtveverywhere checking for updates.

Comment

Ran it as a test on a dual core external antenna model as an android app using a keyboard / trackpad combo. Really it isn't there yet. That isn't a hit at vmedia in the slightest just a matter that the cravetv app is a B- kind of affair.If you find the netflix interface workable and the quality workable you will find the cravetv app to be workable on interface but problematic on quality in comparison.

Testing on a cheapo tablet (4.4.2 Hisense Sero 8 http://www.hisense-usa.com/sero8/) the image quality oddly appeared significantly better and the audio sync was spot on which was problematic on the vbox.

I was unable to test on my Zenfone 2 (4/64) as the app appears to crash outright on 5.0.

Testing on a windows 7 laptop over a bit of a harsh wifi produced very good results.

I'd love to hear back from anyone who can do a side by side test between 4.2, 4.4 and 5.0 as well as anyone who can test with the new quad core box.

Right now for the early adopters its fun to play with if you are looking for a perfectly melded service in the vbox sense of the word you may want to give it some extra time.

Last edited by dittomuch; 07-10-2015, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Hate to say this but really it just doesn't work well on the dual core box. This isn't 'vmedia' or the 'vbox' at fault simply a reality of what the app is. It does run but the audio and video falls out of sync constantly and it really does make the application of little use. I will likely be purchasing a quad core unit shortly so I will try to do a similar test using it in the next few days.

Comment

We recommend to wait a little bit. We are going to release first 1,500 crave shows on VBox natively. Next Vbox update will feature it

Comment

For what it is worth both Crave TV and Shomi run very well on the Apple TV. In particular the Shomi experience is far better on the Apple TV than on the Rogers Nextbox.

Comment

Does anyone already accessing shows via Kodi find that Crave brings anything more to the table? I'm on the fence about subscribing.

Comment

Working...
                              X