Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to V Media, some features I'm 'missing'

Hello,

I am a brand spankin new V Media customer and would like to know if I'm missing something, or if certain feature just don't exist with the V Box.

1) Coming from Rogers, I am use to pausing live TV so I can do this or that in between programs (single Dad, so life needs a lot of pauses), but can't seem to find out how to pause live tv with the v box, can this even be done?

2) Recording programs is very important to me for the same reasons as I mentioned above, I can record only one program at a time with the v box, two if I can record one to the cloud and one locally, with Rogers, I was able to record 8 at a time. Is there a way to increase the number of programs I can record at one time?

3) On Demand, I enjoyed Rogers On Demand, anything similar here?

In summary, I am very satisfied with V Media so far, but miss these basic features I have come to rely on.

Hi gamesandmore,

Happy to answer these questions for you, glad you're enjoying the experience so far.

1) Not available yet. The functionality itself has been finished for quite some time now, but we require specific agreements with content/channel providers to offer this and these are not yet in place. Will be something we will offer in the future.

2) PVR is limited to one instance on the client side at the moment. This is due to the bandwidth required to record content and recording 8 shows at the same time for example will put significant strain on the network as usage would be increased substantially. We also have customers who have lower tiered speed plans (DSL 6, DSL 10, Cable 15, etc), and increasing amount of PVR recordings could have negative effect on overall experience for these customers (ie. not able to do anything online as someone in the house has scheduled multiple recordings and this is consuming all available bandwidth). We'll likely expand ability to record to 2-3 shows in the future, but have to build in features to account for variables above (maybe increase limit depending on plan type).

3) We offer VOD but it is based on subscription at the moment. VOD is available for TMN/HBO, Disney, and Family Channel. More channels will be added moving forward.

Comment

For some reason Matt did not mention vcloud, where all programs are archived for 7 days for about 20 channels, do no need to record anything. As far as vod goes, install kodi and put add ons such as 1channel, icefilms, genesis. This will give you access to thousands of movies and shows. Just Google kodi, icefilms, 1channel and you will discover a whole new world.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
        Hi gamesandmore,

Happy to answer these questions for you, glad you're enjoying the experience so far.

1) Not available yet. The functionality itself has been finished for quite some time now, but we require specific agreements with content/channel providers to offer this and these are not yet in place. Will be something we will offer in the future.

2) PVR is limited to one instance on the client side at the moment. This is due to the bandwidth required to record content and recording 8 shows at the same time for example will put significant strain on the network as usage would be increased substantially. We also have customers who have lower tiered speed plans (DSL 6, DSL 10, Cable 15, etc), and increasing amount of PVR recordings could have negative effect on overall experience for these customers (ie. not able to do anything online as someone in the house has scheduled multiple recordings and this is consuming all available bandwidth). We'll likely expand ability to record to 2-3 shows in the future, but have to build in features to account for variables above (maybe increase limit depending on plan type).

3) We offer VOD but it is based on subscription at the moment. VOD is available for TMN/HBO, Disney, and Family Channel. More channels will be added moving forward.

Thank You for the VERY fast reply!

The answers are what I had assumed, not available yet, but working on it... glad to hear it.

THIS is why I chose V Media, fast friendly service, and always working to improve service and features.

Thanks again

Comment

How could I forget, VCloud certainly fills the void as well, especially if you turn all channels on so you don't have to remember to press the record button

Comment

Originally posted by SongLi View Post
            For some reason Matt did not mention vcloud, where all programs are archived for 7 days for about 20 channels, do no need to record anything. As far as vod goes, install kodi and put add ons such as 1channel, icefilms, genesis. This will give you access to thousands of movies and shows. Just Google kodi, icefilms, 1channel and you will discover a whole new world.

Fantastic info! tyvm

Comment

Matt, will there be a day when everything is in the VCloud? That would be ideal to me........

Comment

We're hopeful. We've been able to add a handful of channels to the VCloud lineup since we first launched the service, and you should expect more to become available moving forward as well.

It's up to each individual channel/rights holder to decide whether or not to grant access to this, so we've been plugging away trying to get approval for additional channels and will continue to do so. As IPTV matures, we hope more channels/rights holders will be open to this type of service and allow content to be available.

Comment

Can one skip through commercials for shows on VCloud? What about recorded shows?

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
                    Can one skip through commercials for shows on VCloud? What about recorded shows?
                    You can fast forward through commercials on vcloud and recorded shows.

Comment

Working...
                    X