Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix

I am looking for some feedback on anyone using Netflix on their VBOX
    I am been thinking of signing up for Netflix but I want to run it using the VBOX.

Is the app any good and how well does it work.
    I have a VPN service. Is it possible to use my VPN network on the VBOX without affecting my TV service

Just curious if anyone else is running Netflix

I look forward to your feedback
    Thanks

I am running netflix on the vbox. It's pretty much the worst instance of netflix I have come across. It is frustrating but it is still usable.

Additionally, I am not using a vpn, but I am using a proxy service (unblockus). The proxy configuration is on my router and affects pretty much everything on my network, including the vbox.

Hope this helps.

Comment

FWIW: Netflix on the QC VBox is a different application version than what is available on the DC due to Android OS versions. The QC allows for improved feature set and access to HD content for example.

I believe when you sign up for Netflix initially you get the first month free and can cancel without penalty - doesn't hurt to give it a try and see how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ss_doug View Post
        I am running netflix on the vbox. It's pretty much the worst instance of netflix I have come across. It is frustrating but it is still usable.

Additionally, I am not using a vpn, but I am using a proxy service (unblockus). The proxy configuration is on my router and affects pretty much everything on my network, including the vbox.

Hope this helps.

Does having the router configured for unblockus stop your TV from working?

Comment

No. I don't think it has any effect on the normal tv stuff.

Comment

Consider purchasing a Google Chromecast as an alternative to the vBox. Works great if you have a mobile or tablet device.

Comment

I have a Chromecast. I will give it a try. Thanks

Comment

I can confirm Chromecast is the way to go, running Netflix through the QC V Box is blurry for me, and it cuts out/stutters a lot.

Comment

i have netflix on QC runs fine- I installed a newer version than what shipped so i am happier with the quality
                  link :

they all the latest versions you.
                  use at own risk if you have no idea what your doing.
                  download and then copy to usb key and install on xbox

Comment

Or even better, if you have an Xbox or PS4, use those apps. They're the best ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X