PVR only recording 45 minutes of walking dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVR only recording 45 minutes of walking dead

I had a problem last night, that the pvr only recorded 45 minutes of a show. Not sure if it's the update, I also have switched to the quadcore. I also wish we could change the amount of time we can record a show. This should be done in the next update. Has anyone else had issues like this?

Hi,

There is a PVR bug which causes some recordings to be truncated and cut short. This will be addressed in the next update. This can also happen if there is encoding problem with particular channel and adjustments are made to correct feed - which occurred last night.

Comment

I figured, sort of annoying, but I am watching from another source, got to love the Internet. Also any plans we can change the recording time to end or start early or late?

Comment

You would need to set the programme before/after to record also if you want to start early or end late. Recording is done based on guide meta data, its not something which we can easily allow to be user defined by time instead for example.

Comment

That makes sense.

Comment

I think you're misinterpreting the above post regarding metadata. Metadata was only referenced because MrBee007 asked if we plan to allow user control of PVR start/stop time, instead of it being based on programme in guide. Guide metadata is not primary cause of PVR truncating issue, although it plays a part.

We are working on a resolution for this behavior and will release patch as soon as possible. It would be irresponsible to set an expected date of completion while still in development phase - but this is a priority for us and we will make it right.

Comment

We try to be as transparent as possible, but when it comes to development of features and functions, its very difficult to put an estimate on completion. The last thing we want to do is set expectations which may not be met, or rush something out that's incomplete because we've artificially set a release date prematurely. We want to get this right and ensure the problem is addressed adequately.

This is a priority for us, and development is ongoing. If I had to guess, I would say roughly 4-6 weeks depending on development and testing, but it's just an estimate. There any many different working parts which need to function together in order to achieve desired outcome.

Comment

You've known about this problem since July when I posted it forum.vmedia.ca/forum/tv-tech-support-questions/45559-recording-truncated-at-about-53-minutes! It is hard to believe that your programming team can't get the PVR to record to the end of a show after knowing about the problem for more than 3 months. Either they're incompetent or VMedia management has had them working on other issues. I suggest that you get your core functionality working reliably before implementing bells and whistles like Crave support and apps.

Comment

If you all are so upset with this system, maybe you should try their competition_ ******. Let's face it , Vmedia is struggling but I personally will give them a short period of time to get it right. Remember you get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                  X