Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got offer to switch from 25 to 30Mbps cable. Is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got offer to switch from 25 to 30Mbps cable. Is it worth?

Hi!

Just got offer from VMedia to switch from my current 25Mbps cable to 30Mbps cable for one time fee of $20.

Is it worth? Will it be the same CIK cable? Are there any hidden reasons?

Thanks!

Hi Ukrop,

It will not be the same CIK cable. We have acquired direct TPIA link with Rogers. With this we have the capability to manage the network to make sure that our customers receive expected service. This also means faster resolution time in case a tech issue arises.

Comment

I have to say that if they are offering you the ability to switch to the TPIA network from CIK, go for it. Cik in my experience is a very poorly managed network... seems to cause loads of issues when used with Vmedia. I switched to the VDSL offering when they offered a deal to move to it at a reduced cost from CIK... Never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose (JP) View Post
        Hi Ukrop,

It will not be the same CIK cable. We have acquired direct TPIA link with Rogers. With this we have the capability to manage the network to make sure that our customers receive expected service. This also means faster resolution time in case a tech issue arises.
        Thanks Jose and Koreybray!

I'm with VMedia/CIK for more than a year and had to reboot my modem only once - so I'm pretty happy.

Yeah, I got offer to switch to ADSL too but have very bad allergy to everything that is associated with bhell so I passed.

Is there any way to get this Rogers transfer charge waived?

Thanks!

Comment

The Transfer cost of $19.95 for the plan upgrade represents the costs that the underlying network provider charges us. Unfortunately, we will not be able to absorb this cost for all our customers. However, you do get the benefit of keeping that same price that you are paying now with increased speeds and redundancy.

Comment

will i lose my $6 discount if i switch? currently i receive a discount being on the 25mb plan.

Comment

Discounts for taking TV with Internet will remain on the account. If this discount is related to something else particular to your account you should check with billing@vmedia.ca

Comment

Ok, created request to transfer to 30Mbps plan.

Looks like I can transfer only on the first day of the month. Is it correct?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

That is correct, speed changes will be processed at the start of the next billing cycle.

Comment

Cancel now ! Get the VDSL. If you don't you will wish you did.

Comment

i have moved from the vmedia cik to vmedia rogers - its been almost a year.. never looked back..

Comment

How do I see if I'm with CIK or Rogers? Thanks

Comment

You can PM me your customer ID and I can let you know.

Comment

Jose,
                            Did you get my PM?

Comment

Got it. Replied back with details.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X