Independent Carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Carriers?

I am curious if VMedia is available to independent carriers? I live in an area where part of the town is serviced by Bell and the rest is service by North Frontenac Telephone (and cogeco does not service the area at all). I currently do have high speed dsl through North Frontenac Telephone, but the price is very high compared to VMedia (or Bell for that matter). Having said this, there is currently an issue with the postal system here which effectively has wiped most of my towns street addresses off of Canada Posts list and that has created difficulties when looking for internet alternatives (due to the fact that no one can actually find my address). I did attempt to contact CRTC to find out if North Frontenac Telephone was required to lease their lines to third party providers, but I received no reply. The sad fact is that no company seems willing to divulge possible alternative service provider names.
    Thanks for your time.

Hi,

We unfortunately do not have a relationship with North Frontenac Telephone. From the sounds of it, they've done their own build out which they sell services over, and as such, would not be required to allow access to third party providers like ourselves.

Comment

Working...
    X