Well hope I'm making the right choice???LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hope I'm making the right choice???LOL

Just signed up from Roger's for TV/Internet cable at 150/15 & trying out Vmedia's IPTV for 3 months looked at Start.ca also so if the 1st 3 months do not go so well......LOL!!!I've noticed Vmedia has gotten alot better since 2015 so we will soon see!!!Off now to tell Roger's the good(hopefully) news,LOL!!!

How's it looking so far/after the first week?

Do you notice internet speed issues in the evening?

What about the iptv audio/video quality?

-Jamie M.

Comment

Originally posted by toysareforboys View Post
      How's it looking so far/after the first week?

Do you notice internet speed issues in the evening?

What about the iptv audio/video quality?

-Jamie M.
      Not starting with Vmedia til 5th of Aug!!!Will for sure report back after done with Roger's...looking forward to hopefully getting away from modem reboots every week it seems among other things!!!!

Comment

http://resetplug.com/ works great when on the Big Red ISP.

Didn't need it after switching from Cable to FTTN.

If you still have modem/router reboot issues after switching to vmedia, grab it for sure. If you can put your new modem in bridge mode run a Ubiquiti ER-X router for zero reboots per year: https://fleetnetwork.ca/products/ubi...nt=44312972174

-Jamie M.

Comment

I'm buying just a modem from Vmedia my router is going to be a Asus U87 AC2400 Router!!!So hoping to get away from all the crap with Rogers!!!Thanks for the links tho shoyld I need them

Comment

Originally posted by Stereoguy99 View Post
            I'm buying just a modem from Vmedia my router is going to be a Asus U87 AC2400 Router!!!So hoping to get away from all the crap with Rogers!!!Thanks for the links tho shoyld I need them
            Is it a new Asus 87U or were you using this with Rogers? Which firmware are you using on it?

Comment

Originally posted by wbennett68 View Post

Is it a new Asus 87U or were you using this with Rogers? Which firmware are you using on it?
              Oops yes should have said 87u standard firmware.Thanks

Comment

I'm running with a Netgear R6400 standard firmware and have had only one reboot in the last 103 days. Not my choice --- there was a neighbourhood power outage.

Comment

I don't know if you know about this there is a custom firmware that is based on Asus firmware.

"The primary goals of this project are to fix bugs, add a few basic features and tweaks to the original firmware. This firmware will try to remain as close as possible to the original firmware. If you are looking for a slew of advanced features, then this project is not for you. Look at TomatoUSB or DD-WRT, two excellent products that might suit your needs better.

If however you prefer something as close as possible to the manufacturer's firmware, then this is for you".

Here is the link:
                  https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-for-asus-routers.7846/

Comment

Well just wanted to say that my 1st problem with Vmedia was resolved very quickly & professionally today(Even tho I kinda lost it on the CSR) I thought I was getting double billed for Aug(starting with Vmedia Sat 5th). So if a supervisor sees this post please apologize for me yelling at the rep as she had the issue solved mins after I got off the phone!!! If this type of service(not me being a dolt!!!LOL) is a sign of things to come from Vmedia I'll be with you guys for a long time!!!!

Comment

Had a couple of spped bump myself but were quickly resolved by the team. Kudos for that.
                      I am in the second month now and still liking it. My only problem thus far is that Scheduled recording seem inconsistent.

Comment

Been with them around 3 years +, they will do whatever they can to help, Vmedia has been better then the other companies I have been with by 100%, i will not switch companies ever again if I can help it, vmedia has me for internet as a lifetime customer.

Comment

Appreciate the kind words omega13! Very happy to have you with VMedia

Comment

Originally posted by omega13 View Post
                            Been with them around 3 years +, they will do whatever they can to help, Vmedia has been better then the other companies I have been with by 100%, i will not switch companies ever again if I can help it, vmedia has me for internet as a lifetime customer.
                            Like to add that I am 3 years with VMedia this month. I was with my previous ISP nearly 20 years. It was a difficult decision to change. The price points and unlimited bandwidth were the big attractions for me. No regrets!!!

Comment

"i will not switch companies ever again if I can help it, vmedia has me for internet as a lifetime customer".......omega13?.......spoken like a true................................EMPLOYEE! Ha, ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X