4K / Netflix with Quad Core Vbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K / Netflix with Quad Core Vbox

Can someone confirm that the vbox with the Cable 150 plan will actually show 4K content specifically with Netflix. My new 4K tv arrives in a few days and I just upgraded my Netflix subscription to their 4K plan. Netflix says they have made the changes but I don't see any 4K content. Perhaps a setting someplace or do I actually need to have my new TV connected for this to show up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Any moderators from Vmedia have a comment.

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately 4K isn't available through Netflix on the VBox currently. Netflix limits 4K availability to certified devices only. We're hopeful this practice will change in the future and more devices will be allowed to take advantage of 4K Netflix access on the VBox.

Comment

Thanks, so there is no support for any 4K content at all with my vboxes then?

Comment

Hi,

The Quad+ VBox will do up to 1080 while the Quad can do up to 4K depending on how the content is encoded. 4K availability on the Quad VBox would depend on whether 4K service is available on devices like the VBox for a particular streaming service (without requiring certification) and how the 4K content is encoded.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
            Can someone confirm that the vbox with the Cable 150 plan will actually show 4K content specifically with Netflix. My new 4K tv arrives in a few days and I just upgraded my Netflix subscription to their 4K plan. Netflix says they have made the changes but I don't see any 4K content. Perhaps a setting someplace or do I actually need to have my new TV connected for this to show up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
            If your new tv is a smart tv you will likely be able to view 4k on your tv netflix app.

Comment

Originally posted by wbennett68 View Post

If your new tv is a smart tv you will likely be able to view 4k on your tv netflix app.
              I know the MS Edge browser is the only browser to support 4k via Netflix. Might be another option for you.

Comment

Working...
              X