Cost of net going up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of net going up?

With the cost of internet about to go up by the big companies from what I have read, is vmedia doing the same with upping net prices or will they remain the same?

Originally posted by omega13 View Post
    With the cost of internet about to go up by the big companies from what I have read, is vmedia doing the same with upping net prices or will they remain the same?
    If I understand wholesale internet prices correctly. The re-sellers (big companies) have to submit a request (with numbers to back it up) to the CRTC and get it approved in order to raise wholesale prices. I haven't read anything yet about a CRTC request yet. Let's hope the wholesale prices don't move up.

Comment

its been on cbc, and other website of both bell and rogers upping their prices. Which means if I am correct then vmedia and others who use their services will go up also. Its a shame that's why I am asking because net is high enough at the moment. links are as follows, http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/inte...hike-1.4564644 , https://www.thestar.com/business/201...-in-april.html . These big guys need to stop this crap..
      Last edited by omega13; 03-13-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

There hasn't been any announced increases to wholesale prices as far as I know, but it couldn't hurt to get a confirmation. Matt?

Comment

Hi,

We'll likely do a price increase on select plans later this year. It won't be across the board, and will target primarily older plans which are not in line with current in-market pricing.

We're very sensitive to pricing, and any adjustments to plan pricing will be similar to previous incremental increases, ex: $1-$3 on select internet plans. There will also be plans which remain unchanged. What we will not be doing is the aggressive $5-$8 increase per service that some incumbents have announced recently.

We'll be sure to communicate any upcoming changes to impacted customers via email well ahead of time, once finalized.

Comment

Working...
          X