Roku comparability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roku comparability

I have an older Roku II. Rock Box circa 2013 that I haven't had much success accessing my Vmedia tv with. I assume it's the age.
    Is there a Roku compatibility list somewhere? Thought I saw one on the main Vmedia site but can't seem to find it now.
    Thanks

Hi Willhound,

We're available on Roku devices manufactured from roughly 2014 onward. This includes Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku Stick (3600), Roku 4, as well as the more recent Express, Premiere, Stick +, and Ultra models, as well as their variants (ex: Express +, Ultra LT, Premiere +), in addition to Roku powered Smart TVs. Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks Matt, much appreciated. Happy to see you on the forum, you were a great help back when I first signed on about 4 years ago. Cheers!

Comment

My pleasure!

Comment

So...just started trying to use a Roku Express on a tv today and the Weather Network came up fine. Any other channel I tried came up with a server error message. Poor Wi-Fi connection maybe? Does Weather Network use less bandwidth?

Comment

Originally posted by Willhound View Post
            So...just started trying to use a Roku Express on a tv today and the Weather Network came up fine. Any other channel I tried came up with a server error message. Poor Wi-Fi connection maybe? Does Weather Network use less bandwidth?
            Hi Willhound, apologies for the trouble. I checked your account and it seems that your Roku device is connected to a Rogers network as it's showing a Rogers IP address, thus getting the server error message. Please check the device's network settings and make sure you're connected to Vmedia network.

Comment

To be honest I was trying to access from my boat and the marina Wi-Fi might very well be Rogers. Not trying to beat the system, just not sure how it works. So I need to be on my home Vmedia network to access Vmedia tv on Roku? I thought like on my phone I could get on anywhere. If not, no biggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Willhound View Post
                To be honest I was trying to access from my boat and the marina Wi-Fi might very well be Rogers. Not trying to beat the system, just not sure how it works. So I need to be on my home Vmedia network to access Vmedia tv on Roku? I thought like on my phone I could get on anywhere. If not, no biggy.
                That's correct, a VMedia internet connection is required to access the majority of VMedia TV content. This is to comply with regulatory and contractual obligations that our service be offered over a 'closed loop'.

Comment

Ahh. Ok. Thanks for explaining. No worries. Don't need a lot of tv on the boat anyway. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gil_VMediaSupport View Post

That's correct, a VMedia internet connection is required to access the majority of VMedia TV content. This is to comply with regulatory and contractual obligations that our service be offered over a 'closed loop'.
                    You're Welcome! Stay safe!

Comment

Working...
                    X