Google Chromecast support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chromecast support

Hi, I find the google ecosystem to be confusing. Is vmedia planning to support the new Chromecast which is being released next week?

Hello,

The new Chromecast is Android TV based, so our application (VMedia TV) will be available to download via Google Play.

Comment

I've got one ordered, I'll keep everyone posted on how well it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
        I've got one ordered, I'll keep everyone posted on how well it works.
        Please do Hacksaw, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral_Krank View Post
          Hi, I find the google ecosystem to be confusing. Is vmedia planning to support the new Chromecast which is being released next week?
          I'm confused. Is the Chromecast you're talking about the same as the Chromecast were all USED to?
          A small, HDMI device you plug into AC power and into one of the HDMI inputs on your TV, so that you can "cast".....i.e. "send" through the air, audio/video programing from your phone, tablet or computer to your television screen?

How would VMedia be involved in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty View Post

I'm confused. Is the Chromecast you're talking about the same as the Chromecast were all USED to?
            A small, HDMI device you plug into AC power and into one of the HDMI inputs on your TV, so that you can "cast".....i.e. "send" through the air, audio/video programing from your phone, tablet or computer to your television screen?

How would VMedia be involved in that?

The new Chromecast for Google TV is now operated by a handy remote. No more casting from your phone, tablet... etc.

VMedia has a supported Google Play App that gives you TV & VOD access.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in feedback everyone. I wanted to use it for a few days. It works great, I didn't notice any blips or freezing of streams. I haven't tried recording anything with it yet as I'll need a usb-c hub. For $70 this is a great device.

I also use a Harmony hub and remote, I added the Chromecast to it using the Nvidia shield profile. This gave me number inputs in the app and more or less functions like my vbox.
              Last edited by Hacksaw2085; 10-20-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing a review of our application on the new Chromecast, Hacksaw - I think many will be interested in device and it's great to hear your experience has been positive!

Comment

Working...
                X