Tried a VPN with TV app...no success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a VPN with TV app...no success

Had been considering a VPN for a while to provide some protection from phishing etc. Received a new Amazon Firestick for Christmas and was excited to see I could amalgamate all of my online streaming services including Vmedia Tv into one device, allowing me to eliminate my Vmedia android box. But as soon as I subscribed to the VPN and installed it I could no longer access Vmedia TV. I'm thinking it's because the service relies on the IP address to access the service?
    If I go back to using my Vmedia box would it be any different?
    I've cancelled the VPN and can now access Vmedia TV through the app on the Firestick again, however every time I change a channel an annoying "Can't Access Network" message pops up and I have to hit the "Try Again" button to clear it, even though I'm clearly connected. This issue may or may not be related to me trying the VPN. Perhaps I'll try un-installing and re-installing the app to see if iit goes away.

Hello,

Certainly related to attempts to access VMedia TV service using a VPN. In order to comply with regulatory and contractual obligations, VMedia TV can only be accessed using a VMedia internet connection. Using a VPN to access VMedia TV will trigger mechanisms we have to prevent access outside of our network. Disabling the VPN connection and restarting all VMedia TV applications on devices that previously attempted to access service via VPN should get you back up without these errors. If you intend to use a VPN for other activities, we would recommend ensuring that the VMedia TV Application (or VBox) is not open / connected during times of use to avoid problems with playback.

Comment

Thanks Matt. About what I thought. No worries. I could leave the VPN and just turn off before starting the app but the family will never get the hang of it.

As always you are a great help, a big reason I've stuck with Vmedia the last several years.

Any ideas on why the app thinks I'm not connected even though the program is running in the background behind the error message? The VPN is gone and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no change. If I click down to Try Again and enter it clears.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,

Try logging out of the VMedia TV application from the settings menu within our application. Then reboot your Fire TV device by removing power. Following reboot, launch the VMedia TV application and log in when prompted. Should hopefully help.

Comment

Matt, you are a genius. Thank you, working great. Not sure why you're monitoring the forum on a holiday, but Thanks!

Comment

My pleasure - happy holidays!

Comment

Working...
            X