Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using VBox with CikTel Internet

Hi,

I've done extensive research on this as well as call in a few months ago. I currently have internet with CIKTel which is one of your Transmission Partners. I would like to purchase TV Service from CikTel however I would like to use the VBox. The Android box CikTel sells is absolutely terrible as it looks like an android tablet is on your TV. When I called in I was told that I would have to get internet from VMedia to be able to use the VBox since CIKTel does not offer this. When I called CIKTel I was told I cannot use the VBox. However looking at some more recent posts the moderators are saying this is possible. Has this changed? I do not want to switch my internet from CIK to VMedia as I would have to pay extra service fees.

Can someone please let me know if this possible, I do not mind paying for the packages that CIK offers just want to use the Vbox.

I am very surprised CIK told you this. As far as we know they sell our TV to their ISP customers and that's why we have them as a transmission partner. You can purchase VBOX from them or from Canada Computers if they refuse to sell you one. It seems like a broken telephone on the side of CIK customer service.

Comment

Hi there,

I called CikTel Today and they said they do not sell the VBox and I have to purchase their STB option. Here is the link to their box on their site. As you can see they do not sell the VBox. After I told them that I contacted VMedia and they said you must provide me with service with the VBox, they refused to sell me any kind of service and said their service is not available unless I purchase their STB.

Is there any way I can make this happen from a VMedia side or switch over to VMedia (as I already own all the modems) without paying extra services fees? I am very disappointed with the service I have received from CIK regarding their TV and its also disappointing that VMedia does not have any control over their service partners.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Siam, I am in somewhat a similar situation, and was wondering if you get the issue resolved ? I actually have internet with CIKtel and have Vmedia TV through them. However I am not looking at buying another vmedia box. From what CIKTEL has told me, I need to use the box they sell which will be around 130, while I can get the newer version from Canada computer for 100, so if i buy the box at canada computers, will it work ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vsg View Post
          Hi Siam, I am in somewhat a similar situation, and was wondering if you get the issue resolved ? I actually have internet with CIKtel and have Vmedia TV through them. However I am not looking at buying another vmedia box. From what CIKTEL has told me, I need to use the box they sell which will be around 130, while I can get the newer version from Canada computer for 100, so if i buy the box at canada computers, will it work ? Thanks

If you already have VMedia TV working through your Ciktel connection and your existing VBox is still working, I don't see why you couldn't just get another VBox and connect it. Unless there's something special about VBoxes connecting through Ciktel via the transmission partnership (which may be dying, since VMedia is no longer going to be offering Ciktel cable internet and are instead going direct to Rogers)

Comment

If you are a current CIK internet customer, we will be able to setup and provision TV service for you moving forward. We need to make some changes to our website and internal systems to facilitate this, but this will be completed shortly. Once this is complete from our side, we will post an update here.

Comment

Working...
            X