MX Player H/W Acceleration after latest Vbox update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX Player H/W Acceleration after latest Vbox update

Good morning everyone. I was wondering if anyone is having problems with MX Player no longer supporting H/W acceleration after latest Vbox update. All HD streaming or local video stutter if played with MX player and the H/W acceleration is no longer supported. I've cleared the data/cache for this App, removed it and installed the latest version but same thing. I own 2 Vbox (external anntenna) and only performed update on one unit. The other unit with firmware 1.9.50 has no issues playing HD videos with MX player. By the way the latest update on Vbox looks stable and much improved. Thanks

I haven't noticed that problem, but I have found something else. First thing I tried was to install Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon from the play store and I was surprised to find it did not start. I haven't looked into the reason for that yet, but it's something that worked with previous releases.

In the meantime I think I shall revert to the previous version.
    Last edited by Grand Total; 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Total View Post
      I haven't noticed that problem, but I have found something else. First thing I tried was to install Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon from the play store and I was surprised to find it did not start. I haven't looked into the reason for that yet, but it's something that worked with previous releases.

In the meantime I think I shall revert to the previous version.

I'm pretty sure I saw a comment elsewhere in the forums where someone was complaining about root being removed in the latest update.

Comment

So these devices are not rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by ducatisport View Post
          So these devices are not rooted?

Pretty sure they're not, no. Which makes sense, since VMedia has a vested interested in making sure that people don't try to sneakily put the VMedia app on other devices.

Comment

Working...
          X