New Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Router

Have been noticing that as our number of devices on our network has grown, the router we have is beginning to perform poorly. With that in mind, I sought out a new router that would be able to handle our network for future years. While I have yet to experience it, has anyone else used RouterBoard? I just ordered the RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN.

The one you got seems to only support 2.4GHz WiFi... I would have gone for something like the Asus RT-N66 or RT-AC66 instead. Very capable.

Comment

I have used many Mikrotik/RouterOS devices over the years and they are not for the average home user... If you're not familiar with advanced networking devices you're most likely going to get overwhelmed/frustrated trying to configure the device. That said, the hardware itself is generally very good/reliable and usually a good bang for the buck hardware wise.

I also would have recommended a RT-N66U or similiar device flashed with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware... Much more user friendly and just as capable/flexible in 99.9% of situations you're likely to encounter in a home/soho network.

Comment

Asus RT-AC68U is an awesome router. I have 9 devices connected to it, 2 wired & 7 wireless. Best router I have had to date. Easy to setup too.

Comment

Working...
        X