For Sale: Vmedia's KW5262 Wireless VDSL Router and a Vbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Vmedia's KW5262 Wireless VDSL Router and a Vbox

For Vbox, I had it since August, 2013 and for the modem/router, I used it only about 2 month. I moved and turns out I can't use Vmedia at the new place :-( So now selling. Asking $100 both both. Send me a PM if interested.

"KW5262 is a Wireless VDSL router combining an DSL modem, an 802.11n wireless router, a 4-port switch, two FXS ports and an USB port in one unit, bringing high-speed wireless Internet connection to a home or office."'
    Last edited by tkdojo; 04-23-2015, 11:27 AM.

have you checked to see if you can use it at your new place? i was under the impression some ISP's have no problems with it, the Vmedia Modem is basically a branded SmartRG

Comment

Yeah, I checked with Vmedia support rep. It was a no go for my case. I'm told that some new condos have the exclusive contract with the big two for a number of years. Will see in a few years...

Comment

Check if your new building has *********** ISP. unlimited 50/50 down up for 32$

Comment

Originally posted by tkdojo View Post
          Yeah, I checked with Vmedia support rep. It was a no go for my case. I'm told that some new condos have the exclusive contract with the big two for a number of years. Will see in a few years...
          You might not be able to use VMedia, but you might still be able to use your vmedia DSL modem with Bell.

But yeah, if you are in a condo building that can get real, proper fibre (like Fiberstream or *********), ABSOLUTELY go with that.

Comment

I took a look at Fiberstream and it says they can do condos built between 2011-2013, but even then a condo board will need to approve the installation if not done already. My place being pretty new, the postal code is not even recognized. Also ********* say their services are not yet available in my building. For now, I went with Bell's FTTH internet service. The initial deal is decent, not great compared to these players including Vmedia, but after the promotion period is over, it's pretty expensive. Anyways, thanks for the info, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post

You might not be able to use VMedia, but you might still be able to use your vmedia DSL modem with Bell....
              yes, thats what i meant in my last post.. i shoulda worded it differently
              thank you Wearysky

====

see if Bell will let you use the Vmedia modem at your new place

Comment

I think at least in non-bridged mode, a firmware flash is necessary to use this modem with another DSL provider, since in pppoe authentication page, vmedia added their (@dev.vianetdsl.com) part of the username field as a fixed text in the HTML wrapper, so I assume all usernames typed there will have an extra (@dev.vianetdsl.com) before being sent to the authentication server.

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                  I think at least in non-bridged mode, a firmware flash is necessary to use this modem with another DSL provider, since in pppoe authentication page, vmedia added their (@dev.vianetdsl.com) part of the username field as a fixed text in the HTML wrapper, so I assume all usernames typed there will have an extra (@dev.vianetdsl.com) before being sent to the authentication server.
                  i forgot about that... you may be right sina.. nice catch

Comment

Working...
                  X