5 topics I would like answers to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 topics I would like answers to

I notice a lot of threads go unanswered and I'm not sure exactly why. I feel maybe that this company is in way over its head, correct me if I'm wrong. There are many issues even with all the false wording on the website when subscribing, again corrected if I'm wrong. 1. Says completely free...vod ?!? So many people have nothing so why post it on the site. 2. Site states that there are 100's of apps on the main home page yet I only count 93 on the vbox...and I can't add my own...correct me if I'm wrong again. 3. Have referred a lot of people and I sort if feel like an ass now. I'm ok with resetting the box every hour, my wife isn't and neither are my friends. Everyone is having this problem. 4. Although customer service actually answers the phone, no one will ever call you back and they never have an answer. 5. Is every piece of hardware faulty? Or the service provider? If it's the hardware, fix it. A lot of people are supporting this great new venture of yours but there are too many misleading pieces, most people feel like they were scammed. Speaking based only on myself and referrals. I will wait to the end of the year, see if anything improves, and decide. 5. I would at least like responses for these items for now. Thanks.

Hi Slyde thanks for your post, let me try to respond to your comments.

I notice alot of threads go unanswered and I'm not sure exactly why. I feel maybe that this company is in way over its head, correct me if I'm wrong. There are many issues even with all the false wording on the website when subscribing, again corrected if I'm wrong.

Generally speaking you are absolutely right, we are in way over our head. We did not expect this level of interest from our soft launch. We deliberately did a soft launch, i.e. not fully marketed, essentially keeping it to word of mouth, so that we could understand customer care needs, and test our systems. We thought we would get a trickle of interest, instead, relative to our infrastructure, it turned out to be a flood. But the testing was helpful-for example we found out our phone system was suboptimal, so we are in the process of changing it.

With respect to threads going unanswered I don't think that is a fair statement, there was a period when we were neglecting our own forum, with delayed responses(had more to do with very infrequent postings here than anything else), but things are back on track and we usually respond within a day or two.

In addition, if you have followed various message boards, just as we were getting a handle on demand, we also got whacked with a couple of technical issues affecting our cable internet service, issues our of our control but which we had to manage anyway. But things have been clearly improving, and we are dealing with continued growth in demand much better at this point.

1. Says completely free...vod ?!? So many people have nothing so why post it on the site.

Not sure what you mean by this, the VOD we are currently providing is a free platform, unlike the VOD service which we will be introducing soon, where you pay per movie. With the free VOD platform, if you are already subscribing to TMN/HBO for example, you are now able to watch them on our VOD platform.

2. Site states that there are 100's of apps on the main home page yet I only count 93 on the vbox...and I can't add my own...correct me if I'm wrong again.

The VBox is capable of loading hundreds of apps, and that is the intent of the headline. As you scroll down to the second paragraph we state pretty clearly that we have nearly a hundred apps, with more to come. That "more" refers to apps suggested by our subscribers, which we vet to make sure they don't put a load on the VBox, but apart from that we are happy to add whatever you would suggest. We are changing that process to provide subs with a direct access to googleplay and will disintermediate ourselves from that process.Then you'll be able to add your own.

3. Have referred a lot of people and I sort if feel like an ass now. I'm ok with resetting the box every hour, my wife isn't and neither are my friends. Everyone is having this problem.

If they are resetting the VBox every hour, then there is something wrong, either with the Vbox or your internet service. 90% of the reception issues are caused by deficient internet service, either coming into the house, or through the router that the VBox might be connected to. Have you tried to address these issues with tech support? If the frequency is indeed every hour-not a typical complaint-or even every day, you should let us know so we can try to figure out the problem.

4. Although customer service actually answers the phone, no one will ever call you back and they never have an answer.

That's a pretty sweeping statement, and your experience is not shared by most of our customers.If you have had a specific experience that you can point out to us, we would be grateful first of all to help you better, but also to address the internal problem that might have caused your experience.

5. Is every piece of hardware faulty? Or the service provider? If it's the hardware, fix it. A lot of people are supporting this great new venture of yours but there are too many misleading pieces, most people feel like they were scammed. Speaking based only on myself and referrals. I will wait to the end of the year, see if anything improves, and decide.

Not sure how we can respond to this, except to say that you may be generalizing based on your experience and those of your referrals. We appreciate the referrals, and frankly would like to know who they are so that we might be able to consider comping you in some way for your efforts. The fact is we are a start up, starting up a very complicated technology. One thing all of our subscribers agree on is that the service is always improving, and that we always, eventually, deliver on our promises. All of our subscribers are entitled to their expectations, and if in the end they are not met, subscribers will do what they have to do. We hope you and your friends don't because VMedia is an entirely different approach to entertainment, and a better one, and it is worth considering that the short term issues will be addressed.

Thanks again for your comments and support.

5. I would at least like responses for these items for now. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I look forward to correcting my issues at home, obviously must be my new apple router causing the issues based on your responses. I will try tonight and see where I get. I am a fan of your service and look forward to the future!

Comment

Thanks very much, I hope that is the fix, but also, unless your friends have the same issue, please encourage them to get in touch with us as well.All the best.

Comment

Update...after some frustration and working with tech support (which was actually a great experience) we figured out that all of our issues were with rogers packet loss issues. Both friends and myself were all having the same issues. After a couple hours with tech support and a couple hours after sending all the screen shots to tech support, the issue was resolved. I'm very happy to report that the service has been stellar since, with only 1 reboot in the past three weeks! Just wanted to thank you again for the great customer service overall and making me a very happy customer!

Comment

Working...
          X