Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randomly got cut-off by VMedia Sales, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomly got cut-off by VMedia Sales, what gives?

So, today I wanted to get more information for transferring over to VMedia, the conversation went fine and then I suddenly get cut off by VMedia Sales on Live Chat. Not only that but the agent's reply took a while to reply, that's fine and all, but cutting me off? what gives?

Here's my chat log:
    Shanawaz: Welcome to VMedia Sales. How can we help you?
    Adrien: I'm looking to join vmedia from one of the incumbents and I want to make sure that I understand the transfer process and ensure that there will not be any hiccups when I transfer in after my contract is done on March 31st.
    Shanawaz: ho
    Shanawaz: hi
    Adrien: hi, I'm looking to gather information about the transfer process so that I can ensure that I will be up and running once I move to VMedia. I know Rogers is known to drag their feet so I want to make sure that I'll do everything to prevent this from happening.
    Shanawaz: if you are rogers customer you can cancel the service and if you provide transaction ID reference no you qualify for the transfer fees for $19.95
    Adrien: once I sign up, would the equipment be shipped out immediately?
    Shanawaz: you shall get the equipment 3 days prior to your instillation.
    Adrien: so say that I sign up today for activation on April 1st (day after my contract ends), I'll only get the equipment on March 28th?
    Adrien: I know that Rogers requires us to give them a minimum of 30 days for service cancellation, so are you guys going to guarantee that I will get the equipment and that won't be forgotten?
    This live chat session is no longer active
    That leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, do all VMedia support members do this? I just wanted to know that if I sign up, I will get the equipment I need to complete the install, and then the chat session just ends out of the blue.

Leaving people hanging like that and end the chat abruptly is not a good way to do customer support for sure.

deltatux
    Last edited by deltatux; 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM.

So I tried again, giving VMedia the benefit of a doubt since I can't blame the entire team on one person's fault. The conversation with the second representative (Maria) was much better. She was able to answer my questions a lot faster and didn't leave me hanging at all and gave me all the info I need for a successful transfer from Rogers.

This experience was much better and I hope that my previous incident won't happen again.

Also, I heard that tech support is only available from 10am to 5pm, is that true? That's rather a very small window and is usually during people's working hours. Will VMedia lengthen the support window in the near future?

Thanks,
    deltatux

Comment

• philly99
      philly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      i'v called them right up until 9pm and they stayed on the phone past that time to help me

Hi deltatux first of all thanks very much for deciding to join us. I can't account for you being cut off, it is certainly not something we encourage to say the least, but I suspect it was a technical glitch, in any event it shouldn't have happened and I apologize. As for the hours of tech support, it is in fact from 10am to 9pm everyday. Is it written otherwise on our website? Please keep me posted if things go less than smooothly at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
      Hi deltatux first of all thanks very much for deciding to join us. I can't account for you being cut off, it is certainly not something we encourage to say the least, but I suspect it was a technical glitch, in any event it shouldn't have happened and I apologize. As for the hours of tech support, it is in fact from 10am to 9pm everyday. Is it written otherwise on our website? Please keep me posted if things go less than smooothly at any time.
      Thanks for your personal reply George, it's great to see someone from upper management personally on these forums, it gives me greater confidence. Alright, it only happened once, but I'll let that slide since I'm a reasonable person and I do understand systems can glitch from time to time as my second interaction was much more pleasant. It's just that when it took a long time for the first representative's reply and then got cut off out of the blue without an answer to my question, I got cheesed naturally.

As for the tech support hours, your second representative, Maria told me in the chat that your tech support hours end at 5pm for some reason, was there some sort of miscommunication? Here's the snippet of the conversation I had with her:
      Maria: You'll need to contatc our tech support. It works every day 10 am-5 pm
      Adrien: Oh, ok and they'll help me should the modem become faulty. Oh your tech department only works from 10am to 5pm? What happens if I have issues with the service after 5pm, who would I contact?
      Maria: It works only 10 am-5 pm, so you'll need to wait till the next day. They will diagnose the modem, if it needs to be repaired you'll ship it to us and get a loaner modem until yours is repaired
      Adrien: oh I meant tech support in general, if I have other issues like problems with the Internet connection in general due to line issues and such, there's no one else I can contact after 5pm?
      Maria: I'm sorry, but no. You can leave a message by phone and our agent will call you back as soon as possible
      I'm hoping that, the short tech support hours isn't the case, but if there was some sort of mix-up and it is indeed 9pm, that gives me a peace of mind. At first I was a bit iffy about wanting to join VMedia if tech support closed at 5pm instead of 9pm, but I'll take your word for it. Also, you guys really need more phone operators, it's nearly impossible to get a hold of someone to talk to. I do hope that VMedia could one day do from 10:00am - 12:00am instead so that those who might stay up a bit later won't be left hanging and then eventually do 24/7. I know VMedia is a small company and I understand that resources are limited at this time, but it is a hope personally. I'd hate to be left hanging should I end up signing up with you guys.

Cheers,
      deltatux
      Last edited by deltatux; 03-01-2014, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I have had a couple different chats with the sales team, and never had any bad experiences. Occasionally took a little bit to get back to me on some of my queries, but I chalk that up to VMedia being a small company with limited staff, and in some cases my questions were pretty detailed so I imagine the rep had to go and ask somebody. That's totally fine by me on a sales call. Tech support I might be a bit more concerned to see longer response times though.

Comment

also, most dont get, is, many of these reps are trained to answer calls/chats in all areas of Operations...IF for some reason the phones are jammed up with calls, a tech rep (for example) might answer an inbound call that was meant for billing inquiries and vice versa ... its only a matter of being trained to work the software windows for each dept. billing being the most difficult ...and, its not like they are all on diff floors, they are all within reach of each other, in same large room, well except maybe for Manager(s) and IT of course...i know from experience, anyways

Comment

Working...
          X