Worst service ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst service ever

In the process of cancelling with VMedia and complete nightmare of service. Consumer beware!

2 huge issues:

1) Returned Vbox rental in full with packaging, box, remote, cables, etc and was told the box wasn't complete and charged $20 for this.
    2) New provider takes effect on March 9th due to 10 business days required for a transfer and was told I'm going to be charged for the whole month. Was giving the example of going on vacation and tried to explain this is a totally different case as I wish to end service on this date and I'm not going to be resuming service.

If someone from VMedia can help me with this that would be great otherwise I'll be filling a complaint with the Ministry of Consumer Services and CRTC.
    Last edited by rwhiteside90; 02-23-2015, 04:59 PM.

After receiving a very rude phone call from your duty manager saying I'm being cancelled on Feb 28th and "to bad" that I'm being cancelled before I want, I've gone ahead and filed a complaint with the CRTC (Case #697581) and Ministry of Consumer Services (Waiting to be contacted for case #)

Comment

At least you didn't buy your vboxes. I've had nothing but headaches. I love the technology but it doesn't seem like vmedia can deliver. Maybe they're not staffed effectively. It's not looking good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bmantdot View Post
        At least you didn't buy your vboxes. I've had nothing but headaches. I love the technology but it doesn't seem like vmedia can deliver. Maybe they're not staffed effectively. It's not looking good for them.
        I'm glad I didn't buy them, good old try before you buy model! Sucks they're locked down to Vmedia unless you can find a way to flash them with some Android XMBC mod without the Vmedia junk.

I'm assuming you've tried running a cable to your Vbox? I thought wireless was maybe an issue (even though I have a brand new Cisco 3702 AC Access Point - demo from vendor) and ran wire and still had all the same quality issues. It's sad to say having Netflix on a slow DSL connection is still better quality.

Comment

Im on cable in the city of Toronto. I'm running wifi. Signal isn't the issue. Picture quality is stunning. We get lots of micro freezing, boxes don't power up properly, pvr failed on more than one occasion.

Comment

Hi bmantdot, I am very sorry that you are having issues, can you give me your ID so I can get someone to fix you? It may be a VBox issue that we can help with, and if not, we'll figure out another way.

Comment

Working...
            X