Lets get serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets get serious

Yes, we all know about the price increases. Granted no one likes to pay more. I know some of you have not had a great experience with your service. But lets take a look at big picture.
    We came to Vmedia for the same reason a lot of you want to leave. You were not happy. Go back to Rogers? You know they are going to make a mistake on your bill or something will go wrong with your service somehow. It always does (it did for me many times). Look at ******/******. Their reviews are way worse then complaints I have seen here. Check them out on www.canadianisp.ca. So look at the cost of Vmedia vs it's competitors. Will you get better service for a better price somewhere else? I don't think so.

You're assuming everyone here has IPTV. I don't and am perfectly content with an OTA antenna and downloading/streaming TV.

Comment

Getting serious? At least when I paid Rogers it worked. I can't even sit down and watch an entire hockey game once a week so what is the point. If the product and service worked I don't think there would be any complaints about an increase in price. They offered a discount to customers until the issues were corrected. The issues are still there and the discount has been erased with the increase?!? I think they are either in financial trouble or are selling. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

I never had to ask Rogers to fix audio sync or channel looping problems on a daily basis.
        Neither PVR function actually works.
        I currently cannot turn off my vbox.
        My remote control sometimes works, often doesn't.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Vmedia's call center is probably worse than Rogers. Customer Service's saving grace is Leshka and Matt on this forum.

Comment

If you are not using IPTV and are not using ******** you are crazy IMHO. I would go back in a heartbeat if it was just a matter of Internet service.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyde View Post
            Getting serious? At least when I paid Rogers it worked. I can't even sit down and watch an entire hockey game once a week so what is the point. If the product and service worked I don't think there would be any complaints about an increase in price. They offered a discount to customers until the issues were corrected. The issues are still there and the discount has been erased with the increase?!? I think they are either in financial trouble or are selling. It's the only thing that makes sense.
            I get why you are frustrated and I agree. But is another provider going to do a better job overall? I agree the Rogers TV portion worked. but you know you are going to have to fight with them over billing. They should have given me a discount just for monitoring my bill every month. They ripped me off time after time. When you call in you are told something different each time. It's not worth it and that is why I left them.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
              You're assuming everyone here has IPTV. I don't and am perfectly content with an OTA antenna and downloading/streaming TV.
              No. I am assuming you came to Vmedia because you wanted a better deal. Be that for internet, TV or both.

Comment

Originally posted by sjessop View Post
                If you are not using IPTV and are not using ******** you are crazy IMHO. I would go back in a heartbeat if it was just a matter of Internet service.
                Not a chance. ******** Cable 60 is $69.95 a month with a 400Gb cap. Vmedia 60 Mbps is $74.95 a month with no cap. Can't beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by marscounty View Post

I get why you are frustrated and I agree. But is another provider going to do a better job overall? I agree the Rogers TV portion worked. but you know you are going to have to fight with them over billing. They should have given me a discount just for monitoring my bill every month. They ripped me off time after time. When you call in you are told something different each time. It's not worth it and that is why I left them.
                  I disagree. It's easier to deal with a half hour phone call three times a year rather than coming home every day and wondering if I'll be able to watch an hours worth of tv in the evening or streaming a movie that doesn't freeze every 3 minutes. Worth $100 more a month in my opinion.

Comment

the problems are intermittent and localized to some vmedia clients..
                    because one person is having problems doesnt mean everyone is.. many people think that they are having the same problems everyone else is, when its simply not true

i had micro freezing when no one else was having it(search my name back in october), and now some are having problems (including netflix and kodi) when i am not.

this forum is for people having problems,, the large majority dont come here,, not gonna speculate on how many of them are having problems but, i know most are not, or they would be here

the next thing is people going back to rogers or bell... this is crazy cause this is exactly why Vmedia and other private ISP's are having problems... this is nothing more than a business tactic to hold on to there monopoly by the incumbents and some here are feeding right into it.. do people forget, that is why they left in the first place?
                    dont for 1 minute think that by changing ISP's your problems will go away... this is affecting all of them..

by all means go back to Rogers and Bell... if we all do that, i cant help but wonder what we will all be paying a year from now,, and i will have no where to go besides the opposite incumbent.

if you want to complain,, then send a letter to the CRTC and your local MP... ask for fair market practices by the incumbents..

Comment

Originally posted by Slyde View Post

I disagree. It's easier to deal with a half hour phone call three times a year rather than coming home every day and wondering if I'll be able to watch an hours worth of tv in the evening or streaming a movie that doesn't freeze every 3 minutes. Worth $100 more a month in my opinion.
                      Half hour phone call to Rogers? What special number are you calling? From family, friends and my experience calls to Rogers are a lot longer then that. But if you chose to go back, best of luck to you.

Comment

With all due respect Sarum, I wouldn’t generalize that all VMedia Clients would write on a forum or read this forum if they were having issues. I’m sure many just call the technical/sales reps in seek of rectification. Some probably just sit on their hands and wait. Suggesting that problems are localized and intermittent based on this forum is pretty naïve. I’m not suggesting that everyone is having issues but I would never automatically assume that its concentrated base on an Internet forum. So please give some of us some credit.

I have been with Vmedia since October 2014 and experienced a lot issues right from the beginning – probably during your “micro freezing”. Your assumption that no one else was having issues when you posted your problem is another indication of your naivety. I’m not trying to offend you but merely point out that not everyone chooses to or knows to vent their issues on here and making a broad statement suggesting that the only people having issues would do so isn’t justified by any factual evidence. At least that is how I interpret your post. Other people I know in my area also experienced lots of issues then and up until now. This is similar to my experience, which I think holds a lot of weight in my argument. If I were only having problems and they did not than I’d conclude that its isolated but it’s not. It is a broader issue than you think. So your statement lacks merit. Please provide stats of your findings which proves its isolated. I need evidence other than posts or threads on this forum as this is a venting tool for those who know or choose to voice their displeasure in this manner - not everyones - only some.

I don’t think I would ever go back to Rogers or Bell, but paying more money for a broken service is beyond stupid. Many nights I turn off the TV, read a book/newspaper or go out with friends and family because my Internet service is shotty at best. Please explain to me why paying more for a service that isn’t even fixed yet right? I’d rather cancel and just forego having TV, Internet and VoIP phone all together than wait for VMedia to figure out how to be an ISP. This price increase is a kick in the pants to all the people having issues that haven’t had their issues sorted out. Is VMedia a publically traded company? Do you own shares?

Comment

Originally posted by marscounty View Post

Not a chance. ******** Cable 60 is $69.95 a month with a 400Gb cap. Vmedia 60 Mbps is $74.95 a month with no cap. Can't beat that.

but don't forget "unlimited" is NOT truly unlimited..you do get capped you just don't see it...have you ever asked Vm if you can view your data activity on their system? prob b/c they dont want you to know the REAL numbers..so, really? those numbers need to factor all angles for a fair comparison...which means the 400gigs for THAT price is more than Okay for most endusers who dont spend all day streaming videos and such

Comment

Originally posted by ndodd View Post
                            With all due respect Sarum, I wouldn’t generalize that all VMedia Clients would write on a forum or read this forum if they were having issues. I’m sure many just call the technical/sales reps in seek of rectification. Some probably just sit on their hands and wait. Suggesting that problems are localized and intermittent based on this forum is pretty naïve. I’m not suggesting that everyone is having issues but I would never automatically assume that its concentrated base on an Internet forum. So please give some of us some credit.

I have been with Vmedia since October 2014 and experienced a lot issues right from the beginning – probably during your “micro freezing”. Your assumption that no one else was having issues when you posted your problem is another indication of your naivety. I’m not trying to offend you but merely point out that not everyone chooses to or knows to vent their issues on here and making a broad statement suggesting that the only people having issues would do so isn’t justified by any factual evidence. At least that is how I interpret your post. Other people I know in my area also experienced lots of issues then and up until now. This is similar to my experience, which I think holds a lot of weight in my argument. If I were only having problems and they did not than I’d conclude that its isolated but it’s not. It is a broader issue than you think. So your statement lacks merit. Please provide stats of your findings which proves its isolated. I need evidence other than posts or threads on this forum as this is a venting tool for those who know or choose to voice their displeasure in this manner - not everyones - only some.

I don’t think I would ever go back to Rogers or Bell, but paying more money for a broken service is beyond stupid. Many nights I turn off the TV, read a book/newspaper or go out with friends and family because my Internet service is shotty at best. Please explain to me why paying more for a service that isn’t even fixed yet right? I’d rather cancel and just forego having TV, Internet and VoIP phone all together than wait for VMedia to figure out how to be an ISP. This price increase is a kick in the pants to all the people having issues that haven’t had their issues sorted out. Is VMedia a publically traded company? Do you own shares?

so true, there are always those who will try and make lighter, a situation...the Vm camp is "situation critical"

...this is NOT the only place to vent..and Vm have many issues on their plate and they are wide spread

Comment

Originally posted by ndodd View Post

I have been with Vmedia since October 2014 and experienced a lot issues right from the beginning – probably during your “micro freezing”. Your assumption that no one else was having issues when you posted your problem is another indication of your naivety. I’m not trying to offend you but merely point out that not everyone chooses to or knows...
                              i didnt mean to generalize, it was all i could think of when i posted... i also didnt mean to be taken literally as to everyone goes tot he forum if people are having problems... its true i would guess most people do not come here.. i meant to say this forum would be busier than it is...

i also didnt mean to be taken literally when i said i had freezing and no one else did... of course other people did..

my who point was to say,, just because you have a problem, doesnt mean everyone is having the same problem (early dec. notwithstanding)
                              because they are not...

katburglars just posted "VM have many issues that are wide spread" what is that based on? this forum?
                              im not having issues at all right now... but many people are.. to say "we all are" or "VM has wide spread issues" which may or may not be true... but to state it like it is everywhere when it is def. not is wrong.

im beginning to sound like im down playing people issues,, i dont mean to do that at all... the issues people are having suck.. big time.. i am so sympathetic to people,, which is why i am here trying to help..
                              i guess sounding like im downplaying problems is a by-product of responding to people exaggerating how widely spread they believe their issues are..

Comment

Working...
                              X