Lets get serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
    i didnt mean to generalize, it was all i could think of when i posted... i also didnt mean to be taken literally as to everyone goes tot he forum if people are having problems... its true i would guess most people do not come here.. i meant to say this forum would be busier than it is...

i also didnt mean to be taken literally when i said i had freezing and no one else did... of course other people did..

my who point was to say,, just because you have a problem, doesnt mean everyone is having the same problem (early dec. notwithstanding)
    because they are not...

katburglars just posted "VM have many issues that are wide spread" what is that based on? this forum?
    im not having issues at all right now... but many people are.. to say "we all are" or "VM has wide spread issues" which may or may not be true... but to state it like it is everywhere when it is def. not is wrong.

im beginning to sound like im down playing people issues,, i dont mean to do that at all... the issues people are having suck.. big time.. i am so sympathetic to people,, which is why i am here trying to help..
    i guess sounding like im downplaying problems is a by-product of responding to people exaggerating how widely spread they believe their issues are..

just give him your usual answer, unplug modem and router and reboot

Comment

the next thing is people going back to rogers or bell... this is crazy cause this is exactly why Vmedia and other private ISP's are having problems... this is nothing more than a business tactic to hold on to there monopoly by the incumbents and some here are feeding right into it.. do people forget, that is why they left in the first place?
      VMedia has had lots of opportunity to fix their problems. I for one stayed through thick and thin, during BOTH major issues (PVR update issues and the ongoing capacity issues)
      They have made business decisions to not fire up enough capacity to satisfy the peak usage, plain and simple. This is fine, and I take no issue with that. Being a "value" provider I can accept some issues.
      Vmedia, with the price change, has moved from a "value" provider to a just another player. HOWEVER, they still have the capacity issues that the other players don't have. These issues affect both Internet and TV (over Internet).
      Factoring the huge price hike and the short notice was strike 3 and 4 in my books.

Being so expensive now, VMedia is only going to be significantly attractive to the "unlimited" abusers and this will only perpetuate the issue. Those happy with 350 or so cap can do better elsewhere. (for internet only that is).

I gave them ample opportunity to clean up their house. Slapping a quick rate increase not only smells of desperation, but is insulting to those like me who stuck it out and forked over our cash to help keep them in business.

Luckily for me there is competition that gives me choice, be it r*gers or whomever. I have spoken with my money, which is MUCH MUCH louder than this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhigh View Post

just give him your usual answer, unplug modem and router and reboot

There's no need to be disrespectful, Sarum goes above and beyond trying to help people around here and likely doesn't receive anything in return for it. If you've ever worked in any kind of tech support role you how often "did you try rebooting your computer" actually does solve many entry level problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hbombs View Post
          I never had to ask Rogers to fix audio sync or channel looping problems on a daily basis.
          Neither PVR function actually works.
          I currently cannot turn off my vbox.
          My remote control sometimes works, often doesn't.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Vmedia's call center is probably worse than Rogers. Customer Service's saving grace is Leshka and Matt on this forum.

I've had Rogers channels out of sync for months before they were fixed and I went through 3 DVRs over a course of 2 years because either the DVR died or the HDD did. It was a huge pain and nearly impossible to get support to get it replaced without going above and beyond to prove it was broken. All the reason why I left.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
            i didnt mean to generalize, it was all i could think of when i posted... i also didnt mean to be taken literally as to everyone goes tot he forum if people are having problems... its true i would guess most people do not come here.. i meant to say this forum would be busier than it is...

i also didnt mean to be taken literally when i said i had freezing and no one else did... of course other people did..

my who point was to say,, just because you have a problem, doesnt mean everyone is having the same problem (early dec. notwithstanding)
            because they are not...

katburglars just posted "VM have many issues that are wide spread" what is that based on? this forum?
            im not having issues at all right now... but many people are.. to say "we all are" or "VM has wide spread issues" which may or may not be true... but to state it like it is everywhere when it is def. not is wrong.

im beginning to sound like im down playing people issues,, i dont mean to do that at all... the issues people are having suck.. big time.. i am so sympathetic to people,, which is why i am here trying to help..
            i guess sounding like im downplaying problems is a by-product of responding to people exaggerating how widely spread they believe their issues are..
            to clarify - many , as in, NOT just tech issues..there are MANY aspects of their business they have issues with that are NOT discussed here and I would NOT opine on UNLESS someone else brought it up , mainly b/c it would cause even more uproar

but trust me, they (issues) are clear signs, to me anyways, they are NOT a sound business up to now..ESP with the latest trend

NOT having 24/7 tech support is ONLY one quickly that comes to mind, and clearly THAT has NOTHING to do with coming here to complain or help with..yet im sure it has been downplayed somewhere in these threads if i looked for it...again, only ONE example of their inability to compete with the other independents...after 2 yrs NO 24/7? ..UNREAL

Comment

Originally posted by marscounty View Post
              Yes, we all know about the price increases. Granted no one likes to pay more. I know some of you have not had a great experience with your service. But lets take a look at big picture.
              We came to Vmedia for the same reason a lot of you want to leave. You were not happy. Go back to Rogers? You know they are going to make a mistake on your bill or something will go wrong with your service somehow. It always does (it did for me many times). Look at ******/******. Their reviews are way worse then complaints I have seen here. Check them out on www.canadianisp.ca. So look at the cost of Vmedia vs it's competitors. Will you get better service for a better price somewhere else? I don't think so.
              You are acting as if Vmedia does not get bad reviews either. Up to this point, I think Vmedia did horribly ever since I signed up and most would agree with me. I'm not saying ****** is heaven, but surely better than this piece of crap I'm on now

Comment

Originally posted by sjessop View Post
                If you are not using IPTV and are not using ******** you are crazy IMHO. I would go back in a heartbeat if it was just a matter of Internet service.

VMedia had the better price point for my needs before and the service used to work perfectly fine. Now that all that has changed, I'm switching to a new provider effective April 1st.

There are better and more reputable companies than TSI by the way.

Comment

No. I am assuming you came to Vmedia because you wanted a better deal. Be that for internet, TV or both.

Your original post made it seem like the only options were the incumbents, VMedia or ******, suggesting that people are only here for IPTV. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Originally posted by marscounty
                  So look at the cost of Vmedia vs it's competitors. Will you get better service for a better price somewhere else?.
                  Based on internet alone, yes and yes.

Comment

Not sure how there are better deals for internet. Of course there is Rogers, ********, ******, etc. But check out their pricing. If you are comfortable with a cap, then ok. But I am not. That is the one factor that brought me over. I was tired of monitoring my usage (through my own monitoring software).

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post

I've had Rogers channels out of sync for months before they were fixed and I went through 3 DVRs over a course of 2 years because either the DVR died or the HDD did. It was a huge pain and nearly impossible to get support to get it replaced without going above and beyond to prove it was broken. All the reason why I left.
                      The pain you get from Rogers is the pain I get from VMedia, so I'm on the bubble about cancelling my tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post

Similar experience with Bell Satellite PVR. PVR was pooched, Bell shipped me 3 refurbished replacements before one of them would work. I even had to pay for the replacement. It was so messed that Bell was charging me at one point with multiple Satellites, even though I had shipped them all, but obviously the working one, back. Brutal.

Leaving Bell phone was a terrible experience. 4 technicians to my house, 3 calls to management (that's right 7 people in total) before they got it right. Even then I had to fight to get them to bill me based on the original date I cancelled my service. The amount Bell owed me was just cleared last week. I disconnected back in August 2014.

My experience with VMedia DSL has been great (save the minor issues in early December) which even than I was able to limp along with.

Comment

Not sure how there are better deals for internet. Of course there is Rogers, ********, ******, etc. But check out their pricing. If you are comfortable with a cap, then ok. But I am not. That is the one factor that brought me over. I was tired of monitoring my usage (through my own monitoring software).
                          If I go into details my post will get deleted as it was two days ago, so I'll just say that there are a lot more options than those companies, and more reputable ones at that. I would never consider ******, ******** or the incumbents.

Where I'm switching to, I'll have 1000GB of usage. Not unlimited, but I'd have to try very hard to use that much data in a month. At the new prices, VMedia is also only $0.05/month cheaper for unlimited 30/5 cable and $5.05/month cheaper for unlimited 60/10 cable compared to one of the highest rated indie ISPs on DSLReports.

I'll PM you details to prove I'm not full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
                            Based on internet alone, yes and yes.
                            Better unlimited service than VMedia for cheaper? What company offers that?

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post

Better unlimited service than VMedia for cheaper? What company offers that?
                              As a moderator, wouldn't you have to delete my post since it would be advertising for another company? lol

VMedia seems to have the lowest price point for 60/10 cable (by less than $4/month), but are not the lowest for 30/5.
                              Last edited by alexb; 02-26-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post

As a moderator, wouldn't you have to delete my post since it would be advertising for another company? lol

VMedia seems to have the lowest price point for 60/10 cable (by less than $4/month), but are not the lowest for 30/5.
                                we are unable to do anything like that alexb
                                something some of you should keep in mind,, the moderators here (except for Matt) are all unpaid volunteers, donating their time to help people in this forum, we are the same as everyone else here..
                                sometimes it's not easy, like in this very thread, to ignore trolls who just like to vent on innocent people cause it makes them feel better somehow... but we do our best

Comment

Working...
                                X