Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad to be leaving VMEDIA!!....but it wasn't meant to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care how much cheaper VMedia IPTV is over Rogers/COGECO/satellite/etc. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'm at my wits end, and willing to pay the premium price for a reliable service.

Comment

"I don't care how much cheaper VMedia IPTV is over Rogers/COGECO/satellite/etc. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'm at my wits end, and willing to pay the premium price for a reliable service."

The future with IPTV streaming is now and it is only going to get better. Bell Fibe is using IPTV but have a dedicated 7mbps bitrate stream. Rogers is also going to switch over to
      some form of iptv. When Bell Fibe was first launched, they had months and months of problems like we are having with with vmedia but they sorted their problems out eventually.
      for what it is worth vmedia has been transparent about their improvments and future projects to look forward to, eg x265 encoder and a new quad core vbox.
      in about a month vmedia is switching to Rogers and hopefully that would be a big gain in bandwidth problems and inprovements for the cable users with iptv.
      Prices are not going to stay static because the big 3 (R,B,S) keeps on increasing Internet and TV prices. the complaints must be addressed to our CRTV and also to our elected
      officials in the next election. Remember the Harper Government controls the CRTC.

Comment

Yes, me too. I'll stick with Vmedia. Hopping for a great future with this company. I know Roger$ just released new "ignite" plans, but even with those I'll be looking at $190+ a month for tv and internet bundle (and i don't need 100 down/10up and all the 250 + channels that they offer). and you'll never know what those prices will be after the 2 year contract...With Vmedia I pay $140 for 45down /4up and premium basic tv with TMN/HBO. so for me is a $50+ saving with Vmedia over Roger$. I know there are ups and downs...but nothing is perfect...

Comment

Originally posted by XxACExX
          I have invested too much time for me to leave before all the new upcoming improvements arrive. I have stuck through everything thus far and i look to the future with still a glimmer of hope. Please vmedia, lets get this shit right and we can all come out on top.
          By chance, can I interest you in some magic beans?

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisC View Post

By chance, can I interest you in some magic beans?
            LMFAO !!

It's pretty much a jump ball right now. Should I stay or should I go now??

Goes back to my first post. To vmedia or not to vmedia... There are arguments to be made for both staying and going. The only person who can truly answer that question is yourself.

I share XxACExX 's glimmer of hope sentiment. I truly do hope things get sorted out. Please please please sort out the foundational network issues. Specially for me over in Cogeco land

Cheers all.

Ps is there a firmware update coming soon?

Comment

What I do not understand is that VMedia says they have had no price increases.....Last April, my roommate and I got service for 39.95 for internet and within 2 months went to 49.95, if you were not grandfathered, and now 59.95 (5.00) discount if you have TV. Hmm that is a $20.00 increase within 12 months 59.95 That is a 33% increase within 12 months and that is just for 30/5. Lets face it Vmedia, you are the same pricing (if not more expensive then any other provider). But I also have a VOIP but I have a different provider, and it costs less then 5.00 a month and I use a regular phone. Yes I moved and got my own service, but with all the issues, a forced update (epic fail) I just want to say, Vmedia this is not your first increase...please stop saying that it is....

Comment

MOL can you give me some account detail? I am pretty certain you are mistaken about a 10 dollar increase last summer. But I would like to know why you think that was the case.

Comment

This is my last month. Already called and cancelled. To bad, might be back in a year if all the issues are fixed and IPTV works the way it should. Good luck Vmedia.

Comment

Originally posted by MOL View Post
                    What I do not understand is that VMedia says they have had no price increases.....Last April, my roommate and I got service for 39.95 for internet and within 2 months went to 49.95, if you were not grandfathered, and now 59.95 (5.00) discount if you have TV. Hmm that is a $20.00 increase within 12 months 59.95 That is a 33% increase within 12 months and that is just for 30/5. Lets face it Vmedia, you are the same pricing (if not more expensive then any other provider). But I also have a VOIP but I have a different provider, and it costs less then 5.00 a month and I use a regular phone. Yes I moved and got my own service, but with all the issues, a forced update (epic fail) I just want to say, Vmedia this is not your first increase...please stop saying that it is....

This was my first increase since I signed up (DSL) in April last year. With your talk of grandfathered plans, sounds like you got hit by a Rogers forced plan change.

Comment

Working...
                    X