Question: Switch to VMedia Fibre!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Switch to VMedia Fibre!

So I received the email about the offer to switch, since I am on cable now, i was wondering how seamless the switch would be for my internet connection.

if I order it for april 30, will my cable stop working before the bell technician comes to configure the line? or do i get a few days with both internet connections active to see if I have any issues with the VDSL connection, and that I have no interruptions with my TV service.

Hi,

As you've prepaid for cable service for the current month, you have the option to schedule your DSL installation to ensure a buffer and small overlap if you wish. Example: Cable service would be terminated on 1st of following month- select DSL installation date for 27th, 28th, 29th of current month.

Comment

awesome, thanks!

Comment

I'm currently on a Grand-fathered 25/2 Cable plan via CIktel.

I received the offer to change to FTTN/DSL for basically free.

So my question is why is VMEDIA promoting the Bell (FTTN) offering over Rogers ?
        (...don't get me wrong, I hate them both ! ;-) .

I mean, I have a working cable set-up now....
        Why would VMEDIA absorb the cost of a new modem ($100), installation ($100)
        and dry loop (forever...) , when I already have everything I need for cable.

I'm guessing Bell must have made a VERY sweet deal with VMEDIA
        to get some of their customers to convert to FTTN.

Thoughts ?

Comment

My guess (and it's pure speculation on my part) is that B-hell sees this as a way to win customers from Robbers. If B-hell absorbs some or all of the switch-over costs, VMedia will be sending monthly payments to B-hell instead of Robbers. If I was having problems with my 25/2 VMedia>CIK>Robbers internet service I might consider the switch, but it ain't broke so I've got no plans to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframer View Post
            My guess (and it's pure speculation on my part) is that B-hell sees this as a way to win customers from Robbers. If B-hell absorbs some or all of the switch-over costs, VMedia will be sending monthly payments to B-hell instead of Robbers. If I was having problems with my 25/2 VMedia>CIK>Robbers internet service I might consider the switch, but it ain't broke so I've got no plans to fix it.
            It sure isn't VMedia absorbing the cost, that's not their MO at all. I felt that the whole spin of the promo was interesting, definitely encouraging the recipient to switch.

Comment

Where does it state they will absorb the cost and dry loop fees?? I want to switch to DSL.. Thanks

Comment

Never mind, Talking with Vera online and she informs me it's only for the old plans of 25 / 45, which I had until I was forced to close it as I moved and was put on the 30/5. I would love to switch to DSL to save a little more but apparently, I'm not valued enough as I have only been with them since October 2013. Vera kept saying, it's only for some OLD accounts that they get free modems and no dry loop fee. Wow... Thanks VMEDIA

Comment

Hi Gman,

It's not only for customers on grandfathered plans, but there is eligibility criteria, like FTTN being available in your area. Please PM your customer ID number and I will check for you.

Comment

Yes, I have a grand-fathered plan (25/2) , and FTTN is available in my area,
                    ..So back to my original question , why the push from VMEDIA to FTTN rather than cable ?

Also, I have no issues with my current cable setup, so I'm not desperate to change.
                    Will I be forced to at some point if I don't change now ?

I like the offer to switch for free, but I'm leery of getting back in bed with Bell,
                    ... even if it is front-ended by VMEDIA.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

You will not be forced to transfer or switch for your current plan, you can keep it indefinitely if you wish.

The reason for this offer is that this is a promotion from Bell which we were able to negotiate, so we are extending it to customers who qualify and meet the requirements. Whether you wish to take up this offer is up to you, but we wanted to provide the option.

Comment

Matt,
                        I received an email only offering to switch to the new provider of cable. I am on the cable 30 plan. I would like to know if I can take advantage of the FTTN offer?. It is available in my area.

Comment

Hi,

There are some eligibility requirements, which includes min. speed of FTTN 15 being available at your specific residence (not just generally in your area).

We verified all addresses using Bell Service Availability API before sending to eligible customers, but I can check again to be certain.

Please send me your customer ID and I will confirm. If eligible, we will send FTTN offer email this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                            The reason for this offer is that this is a promotion from Bell which we were able to negotiate, so we are extending it to customers who qualify and meet the requirements. Whether you wish to take up this offer is up to you, but we wanted to provide the option.

Thank-you for the clarification.

So it looks like Bell is offering "introductory" pricing on an on-going basis,
                            and are swallowing the Dry Loop costs .
                            (...I doubt Vmedia is absorbing this... )

The offer is very tempting, but like the old saying goes .... " If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! "

I loathe the idea of going back to Bell (...even if I'm dealing via VMedia ).
                            I just don't trust them. I see price creep in the near future .
                            (... I expect Dry Loop costs to be the first thing they will start charging down the road )

That said, judging by the replies on this post,
                            maybe people would be all over this deal.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Comment

I also did sign up for the Bell fibe deal but cancelled out when i remembered 5 years ago my really bad problems i was having with bell
                              wiring to my house. up to today it has not been fixed but just patched up in many places.i complained but nothing was done. i diid sign
                              up for 50mbps but on second thoughts i don't think i would be getting that speed..I suspect too many sync problems
                              I then cancelled and went to T....vy cable which worked flawless for over 3 years and then NOW to Vmedia cable.
                              Since last May my cable speed has been 97% of the time up with minor complaints..There were slow speeds during last December
                              but was resloved when CIK added more bandwidth.So I decided to leave well alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X