No announcement yet.

New email regarding the switch to rogers internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid the $20 hopefully the transfer happens quick, would love to start getting a more reliable connection.

Comment

I paid the $20, but I would rather have switched to FTTN, alas, it is not available in my area. How come there was no fee to switch to FTTN, but there is a fee to switch cable providers?

Comment

I get speeds as advertise about 30-40% of the time, but it's very iffy. Looking forward to the switch, hopefully the iptv will be easier to watch. Seem to be streaming more and more.

Comment

Am I missing something, how do you upgrade, I log in to my account but then I don't see any opinion in regards to that

Comment

Did you receive an email? If you click the link in your email it will redirect you accordingly. We're sending the emails in batches, so it's possible you may not have received it yet. If you haven't, don't worry, will be sent shortly. All current cable (CIK) customers will be provided with the option to switch.

Comment

Never mind I got it, I guess you can't go to the site and just log in, you have to do it from the email by clicking on the my account link

Comment

Hi Matt,

I just cancelled my Vmedia fibe promo with the billing Dept. I would like stay with my grand fathered 45/4 plan.
                How do i sign up for your New Vmedia TPIA cable service. and pay the 20$ transfer fee. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

It is not possible to stay on your current 45/4 plan and move to Rogers TPIA, you would need to take a current, in-market plan in order to make the move. If you would like to switch and upgrade your plan, this is not something we are currently facilitating, but will be able to process in the coming weeks.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick response. I can wait when you are able to process this upgrade in the coming weeks.
                    In the meanwhile i will be with Cik network. would you be supporting my internet problems.

Comment

Hi terryl,

Of course, nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                        Hi shanicus,

Good point, hardware/fw version is usually located on a sticker on the physical box, or can be checked from within the modem UI. Will look into getting some images put up on the website indicating this as well.

Regarding the "transfer" option, those who wish to remain on CIK will be able to do so indefinitely, there will be no requirement to switch moving forward.

Matt,

Thank you for your quick reply. Since this is the case, I will stay where I am for the time being.

Comment

Something to think about. Does Rogers not send user information at the request of US organizations concerned with anti-piracy and copyright issues? I dont like any of my information being shared with 3rd parties even if its to protect their content. (Yes, I download 10 million movies a day.)

Comment

Originally posted by cbr69er View Post
                            Something to think about. Does Rogers not send user information at the request of US organizations concerned with anti-piracy and copyright issues? I dont like any of my information being shared with 3rd parties even if its to protect their content. (Yes, I download 10 million movies a day.)
                            that is Bell who does it.. plus bell tracks your daily internet traffic.

Comment

Hi,

There was upstream issue with CIK yesterday evening, which impacted service temporarily unfortunately.

Information regarding our upcoming TPIA agreement is available on our blog (will leave a link below), as well as throughout the forum. You will have an option to transfer to this network (in market plan will be required), or continue through our intermediary provider with current rate. If you have not received an email yet regarding transferring service directly to our TPIA network, you will in the coming weeks.

Comment

Just my thoughts on this $20 tipa thing. Rogers activation fee is only $14.95, but VMedia is charging $20.00 to its existing customers to be activated on Rogers network. This seems a little funny. I know Rogers really likes money, but I would think they would offer a lower "bulk" rate to large amount of customers being activated at once; as opposed to a "higher then the regular price" rate. This really looks like Rogers is not the only people making money on this tipa switch over.

Comment

Working...
                                X