TV price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV price increase?

Hi all, I just noticed a $5 increase on Basic and Premium Basic TV plans. Will old customers still pay the old prices ? Will we get more new hd channels added? or is just a price increase, meaning we'll get the same services for a bigger price? thanks!

I imagine current subscribers will be at the old price, otherwise they would have notified them. Some internet prices went up as well and current customers stayed at the same price.

Comment

Wow - good catch gabriel_ko. I didnt see this coming...

I am a long time customer and remember the price of the tv being broken down, apparently there was a big margin in the tv service as I remember. This must be to recoup CBB costs which appear to be escalating...

Its a shame, we are moving towards Rogers and Bell pricing, at least with the 3rd parties you dont have to negotiate discounts!

Comment

If they raise current customers prices they will likely see a mass exodus.
        I really hope that does not happen.

Comment

Might have something to do with the addition of channels to the lineup, for every channel added there is a cost associated with it for vmedia, I think I have had 8 channels added to my premium basic package since October.

Comment

I agree but they have to be careful increasing prices for existing users when I was told on the phone the price will not go up. My mom said that she was told the same thing.
            I really hope that is true and customer service was not supposed to say that

Comment

Yikes!!!! - seems the savings are going to get get wiped out.. with cable internet and prem. cable.. good luck.. if v Media is going to charge a premium they better - provide the service to match.. which i am not seeing it.

Comment

Also if vmedia keeps adding channels they might consider a middle tier package, for now two basic packages works but the addition of more channels to the premium basic package could make it unrealistic for vmedia to sustain. A good middle ground package would be the answer, consider it something similar to what the premium package is now, good value with some of the premium channels only available on the other guys higher tier package.

For now I'm very happy being grandfathered with my price, and people are right arbitrarily increasing prices for channels people didn't choose to subscribe to will alienate the current customer base.

Comment

I just came to a conclusion.. why do we have so many sports channels? I as a consumer do not watch sports, only Olympics and poker.. that said.. do we need over 10 channels of sports? maybe bundle that as a U CHOOSE package,YOU KNOW GIVE CONSUMER CHOICES LOL - would make more sense than $5 increase a month for those who might consider joining vMedia but to nervous to try it, as it is approaching the big telecom pricing now.. $45 TV - $ 75 internet.. just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by bossman
                    Also if vmedia keeps adding channels they might consider a middle tier package, for now two basic packages works but the addition of more channels to the premium basic package could make it unrealistic for vmedia to sustain. A good middle ground package would be the answer, consider it something similar to what the premium package is now, good value with some of the premium channels only available on the other guys higher tier package.

For now I'm very happy being grandfathered with my price, and people are right arbitrarily increasing prices for channels people didn't choose to subscribe to will alienate the current customer base.
                    Originally posted by sradonic
                    I just came to a conclusion.. why do we have so many sports channels? I as a consumer do not watch sports, only Olympics and poker.. that said.. do we need over 10 channels of sports? maybe bundle that as a U CHOOSE package,YOU KNOW GIVE CONSUMER CHOICES LOL - would make more sense than $5 increase a month for those who might consider joining vMedia but to nervous to try it, as it is approaching the big telecom pricing now.. $45 TV - $ 75 internet.. just my 2 cents.

I agree. They should have "Basic," "Premium Basic," and "Premium Basic + Sports" packages. 11 sports channels in the Premium package is overkill. The only sports events I might watch are special events like the Olympics. I'd rather lose those channels than pay the extra $5/month (as a new subscriber).

Comment

Sorry don't agree, they have like 10 or so freaking cbc channels in premuim basic, like we really need that? and I like sports so dont get rid of that or I will cancel the tv all together, just my 2 cents..

Comment

Don't agree with loosing the sports channels, the main reason I chose vmedia was the low cost availability of the sports channels and AMC.

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post
                          You're in the minority I think. If anything is keeping BDU's afloat it's live sports programing. Otherwise the arguments for cutting the cord becomes more compelling. Every BDU in North America leverages their offerings with sports packages, usually add-ons to extract as much money from their customers as they can. That's why VMEDIA is such a good deal when they offer all this sports content as part of the basic packages. If I could get my sports programing without having to subscribe to a TV delivery service. I would defiantly be cutting the cord. I can get all the other programing I like to watch on line for no or less money.

Comment

Originally posted by giggabotch View Post
                            You're in the minority I think. If anything is keeping BDU's afloat it's live sports programing. Otherwise the arguments for cutting the cord becomes more compelling. Every BDU in North America leverages their offerings with sports packages, usually add-ons to extract as much money from their customers as they can. That's why VMEDIA is such a good deal when they offer all this sports content as part of the basic packages. If I could get my sports programing without having to subscribe to a TV delivery service. I would defiantly be cutting the cord. I can get all the other programing I like to watch on line for no or less money.
                            so what your saying is everyone as a whole should pay the $5/month so those who want 11 channels of sports can have it? LOL..
                            That makes no sense for a company like v Media who is pushing change and choice, not here open your mouth and swallow this even if you don't like it, at what point
                            are they not 'different' and become the same old same old? i came for the 'choice' of what i want to view..
                            just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post

so what your saying is everyone as a whole should pay the $5/month so those who want 11 channels of sports can have it? LOL..
                              That makes no sense for a company like v Media who is pushing change and choice, not here open your mouth and swallow this even if you don't like it, at what point
                              are they not 'different' and become the same old same old? i came for the 'choice' of what i want to view..
                              just my 2 cents.
                              Well, I think there's not enough of those who don't what the sports channels as opposed to those who do. VMedia is more likely make a profit with the current channel configuration and likely would lose money if they offered packages without sports because those who don't want live sports are not of a critical mass.

Comment

Working...
                              X