No announcement yet.

TV price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering how many people are constantly going on and on about the sports channels in these forums, I'd say that they are definitely in demand. And current customers aren't seeing a price increase, so who cares any way? If it drives new customers away, VMedia will adjust accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post
      Considering how many people are constantly going on and on about the sports channels in these forums, I'd say that they are definitely in demand. And current customers aren't seeing a price increase, so who cares any way? If it drives new customers away, VMedia will adjust accordingly.

yep, soon they will on par with the robbers of this world and nickle and dime us to death to watch C R A P..ill stick to the FREE stuff as in cricc free,

Comment

Originally posted by bossman View Post
        Also if vmedia keeps adding channels they might consider a middle tier package, for now two basic packages works but the addition of more channels to the premium basic package could make it unrealistic for vmedia to sustain. A good middle ground package would be the answer, consider it something similar to what the premium package is now, good value with some of the premium channels only available on the other guys higher tier package.

For now I'm very happy being grandfathered with my price, and people are right arbitrarily increasing prices for channels people didn't choose to subscribe to will alienate the current customer base.

I know some people love their sports, but others love their knowledge channels.

Perhaps VMedia should split the packages - one for sports fans and one for news/knowledge people. I never watch any of the SportsNet channels, in fact they just clutter up my guide

Comment

Originally posted by coolspot View Post

Perhaps VMedia should split the packages - one for sports fans and one for news/knowledge people. I never watch any of the SportsNet channels, in fact they just clutter up my guide
          agreed - over 11 channels of Maple leafs losing LOL..
          same goes with the 6 CTV and 4 CBC channels - i was hoping for variety but not variety of the same thing.. possible maybe ctv 3 channels west, east and central
          same with CBC and sports..

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post

agreed - over 11 channel of Maple leaf losing channels LOL..
            same goes with the 6 CTV and 4 CBC channels - i was hoping for variety but not variety of the same thing.. possible maybe ctv 3 channels west, east and central
            same with CBC and sports..
            Hard to provide local channels and not provide duplicates. I personally appreciate that they have CTV 2 London so I can watch the local news.

Comment

Originally posted by coolspot View Post

I really like this idea, going forward I can see the price creeping up to add channels that many do not want is going to be more of what we already don't care for...

I have no idea if it's possible but I'd love to see a premium basic (with a little less content) and include one or two theme packs (or let them UChoose 6 - 12 channels) so that people can specialize their premium package for one low price. I personally have zero use for any of the sport channels and if I had the choice I'd replace them with something I'd rather watch.

Comment

I think there needs to be a real basic package offered at 24.95. I fail to understand why we have all tsn but no sports net channels on basic. I also have to wonder why E!, much, m3, vision, gametv are on basic. Basic should be just that... basic. Low cost and only what is legally required. At 29.95, we are getting up to standard cable rates. For someone who is really using vmedia as the last option before dropping all standard tv cable services, I think basic should be lowest cost possible. I really feel vmedia needs to address their logic behind this.

Comment

Just got an email with the price increases for both Premium Basic (+$5) and Internet 25M cable (+$10) I've been a customer since June 2013 so no grandfathering

Comment

Originally posted by sabsolam View Post
                    Just got an email with the price increases for both Premium Basic (+$5) and Internet 25M cable (+$10) I've been a customer since June 2013 so no grandfathering

Since VMedia doesn't do formal contracts, you can't be locked in for a year, and they can increase prices at anytime.

Comment

Hi Sabsolam, thanks for writing, you post exposed a mistake in our communications, the 25M and 45M grandfathered services also get a $5 discount on internet if they are with TV, so in your case the 25M increases by only $5. We will be sending amened communications to those customers asap.

Comment

I've already called to cancel my TV service. Just waiting for the billing dept to call me back. I wasn't happy with the service I was receiving for the price I was already paying. This was the kick in the butt I needed to finally cancel the television. Will be keeping the Internet service... for a little bit anyway. I'll see how quickly they call me back to cancel my TV service and decide based on that.

Comment

Why do I have to pay more on my bill now after I just payed my bill this month how fair is that on the phone to customer support to fix this bill or I cancel

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
                            I imagine current subscribers will be at the old price, otherwise they would have notified them. Some internet prices went up as well and current customers stayed at the same price.

No. The price increase has already been reflected on my next bill. CANCELLING!

Comment

Posting again here:

I agree with all the points above. Give 30 days notice at least!

And in your email, don't even compare your prices to major players, because your SERVICE does not compare. Here's a not so small list:

- Client PVR still has tons of glitches (failed to record the NBA all star game last week...thanks a lot)
                              - Cloud PVR will randomly exit
                              - Audio/Video sync issues
                              - TV Looping issues
                              - TV Guide does not let you view forward very far (at best one day...at worse, same day).
                              - Prime time internet slowdowns affect TV usage
                              - Remote control issues (pressing a button makes it go "turbo" mode and thinks it's being pressed constantly)
                              - UI issues (FF/REW is by the minute not the second and does not preview on TV like others do)

Shall I go on? And you want to increase prices now?

At least grandfather the prices for the next few months for your loyal customers who have been through some of the worse upgrades ever (ie all of December and majority of prime time in the months before that). I'm not asking for much, but increasing prices with 4-5 days notice is a huge slap in the face give the above.

Comment

I wrote them a letter, not sure who will get it:

Just got your email in concerns to a price increase, first off this should have been done a month ago, and not 4 days before the next billing cycle, the $10 increase is not the issue, the issue is your lack of preparation in your pricing and not warning customers of an increase before hand, and offering a discount, that isn't a discount because you are increasing your costs. This is almost the last straw, and if things don't improve I will be leaving in the next couple of months, as the service I am getting is not great, and the price I am paying is close to what I can get through competitors.

Sincerely,

Comment

Working...
                                X