Internet Price Increase and IPTV B.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjessop View Post
    This stuff is why I left Rogers for TV their prices just keep changing?? There is basically no difference between VMedia and Rogers or Bell. ...
    I'm as peeved off as the rest with the price increase and the lack of notice we were given, but please lets try and keep the facts straight when looking at comparables. When you said there is basically no difference between vmedia and robbers, that might be true if you look at the $5 price difference, but good luck with that 70 gig cap, want to go with a 270 gig cap, then the difference is $20. Unlimited like vmedia is a $30 dollar difference. Not sure but $360 a year in savings sounds like a lot to me. Yes, I know that can be marked down with discounts, but I was just looking at the costs as quoted on their site. Prices used for vmedia were for internet only... no TV discount as.

Like I said, I'm not thrilled about the short notice or the price increase, but honestly who here thought there was never going to be price increases?

Comment

Originally posted by Recoil72 View Post

I'm as peeved off as the rest with the price increase and the lack of notice we were given, but please lets try and keep the facts straight when looking at comparables. When you said there is basically no difference between vmedia and robbers, that might be true if you look at the $5 price difference, but good luck with that 70 gig cap, want to go with a 270 gig cap, then the difference is $20. Unlimited like vmedia is a $30 dollar difference. Not sure but $360 a year in savings sounds like a lot to me. Yes, I know that can be marked down with discounts, but I was just looking at the costs as quoted on their site. Prices used for vmedia were for internet only... no TV discount as.

Like I said, I'm not thrilled about the short notice or the price increase, but honestly who here thought there was never going to be price increases?

no one will argue price increases are innevitable, agreed 100% - its the way it all went down and they still haven't fixed their many issues with the product...if they were providing a service that is without fault (in the 90 percentiles) THEN the increase would be more, palatable...its the LACK of delivery of goods and services that has this increase bothering people and that is NOT too mention those on strict budgets...

Comment

Originally posted by katburglars View Post

no one will argue price increases are innevitable, agreed 100% - its the way it all went down and they still haven't fixed their many issues with the product...if they were providing a service that is without fault (in the 90 percentiles) THEN the increase would be more, palatable...its the LACK of delivery of goods and services that has this increase bothering people and that is NOT too mention those on strict budgets...

That's exactly my issue. If I received the service I paid for, I could tolerate a price increase, but I consistently get 10% of the speeds I should be getting. If anything I should be getting a discount! lol

Comment

Not a good way to increase rates without one month prior notice which is common practice. gave no time to try other options. We stood by Vmedia during bad days and now you are rewarding us by sudden price increase. Although you are lower by rates when compared with Rogers or Bell but Vmedia is no where close to picture quality if you are comparing your prices with your competitotors.We pay less price for TV but compromise with the picture quality. Internet rates are not less than competitors.

Comment

Hey everyone,
            This is ridiculous. It is understandable to raise prices for new signups but it is neither classy nor common practice to hike the prices for loyal customers. The reason they are doing this is because they do not believe that there will be a massive walk-out. And the reason they believe that is because no single person can make a difference.

Here's my suggestion: let's gather as many of us together (kind of like a union) and cancel en masse - I guarantee that a big group of us could negotiate an awesome deal with Rogers. Also, it will send a message to shady companies like Vmedia that they can't screw over their customers and change their plans with only 4 days notice.

Comment

Hounz, this company has no clear business plan - they will not make it into 2017 and are clearly hurting for cash. There only asset was being cheap (and certainly not quality of service) which they have now lost.

Comment

A 25% price increase with less than 30 days notice is completely unacceptable. I now question the health and integrity of this company and will be looking at other options for internet service. You will clearly lose business and loyal customers after this, not a well thought out price increase.

Comment

Working...
                X