X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess they got the message

Just got this email:

"Dear ,

Please note the following correction to the email you received yesterday about the price increase. The new price will take effect April 1st and not March 1st.

We apologize for this error and thank you for being a VMedia Subscriber.

VMedia"

I guess they got the message that 4 days notice is completely unacceptable. Too little too late though.

If this is true, then someone at Vmedia is going to credit me the extra $10 for next month, right? I just finished paying the bill with the price increase...

Comment

Haven't received that e-mail yet. Though, I agree too little too late, I already cancelled my TV.

Comment

Excellent, though that email has not come through yet for me.

Personally, I also look forward to a revision of the actual price increase announced for the grandfathered plans - that those forced to give up IPTV due to performance issues and who cost Vmedia less in both bandwidth and dollars will also not be unfairly targeted with double the dollar price increase.
        https://forum.vmedia.ca/forum/vmedia-...scounts-for-tv

May I suggest that the price increase should be limited to $5 for all internet customers on grandfathered plans who at any time invested in a VBOX and TV service and had to give up.

By all means offer a bundle discount VMedia, by all means adopt whatever pricing the marketplace will bear for new customers, but singling out your lower-cost section of grandfathered customers for double the internet price increase precisely because of the escalating costs of your other grandfathered customers (i.e. those still with TV), is disturbing and goes against that very fairness in the marketplace that Vmedia tells me it stands for.

I trust this is because the measure has been rushed as has already been admitted and look forward to seeing a fairer revision of your price increase as you have time to reconsider over the next month.

(If I am mistaken, and your internet only customers actually cost you more bandwidth I will gladly stand correction on presentation of the data.)
        Last edited by Swift; 02-25-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
          Just got this email:

"Dear ,

Please note the following correction to the email you received yesterday about the price increase. The new price will take effect April 1st and not March 1st.

VMedia"

I guess they got the message that 4 days notice is completely unacceptable. Too little too late though.
          I did not get that email (yet?). It really is 3 business days. How can one trust this company, if at any time they can send an email and say 'hey by the way at the end of this week we'll increase your subscription costs by 20%'.

I assume that they're in damage control mode. Let that be a lesson (for everybody, actually). I am not even pissed at the rate increase. It's not going in the right direction, but hey that's the way it is in Canada.
          Last edited by gflogic; 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I got one around noon about the $5 discount for being a TV subscriber... which I'm not really... it's only a free 30 day trial for me to compare to their competitor which should end next week.

Haven't got any email saying the change is being pushed to April 1. On My Account page it still shows the $59.95 (50/10 VDSL) price for next month's bill.

I was already planning to cancel at the end of March anyhow, so price increases or not, it's not a huge deal for me.

Still the way this was all executed has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Not something I expected from VMedia at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkz View Post
              If this is true, then someone at Vmedia is going to credit me the extra $10 for next month, right? I just finished paying the bill with the price increase...

they will credit your acct..so pay next month the going price less the 10

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
                Just got this email:

"Dear ,

VMedia"

This message was sent to our Quebec customers only. Your address is actually in Ottawa but during signup you indicated your province as QC and it stayed on the record.
                We will correct our error and move price adjustment back to March 1st. Thank you for letting us know.

Comment

WOW isn't that a kick in the balls

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post

This message was sent to our Quebec customers only. Your address is actually in Ottawa but during signup you indicated your province as QC and it stayed on the record.
                    We will correct our error and move price adjustment back to March 1st. Thank you for letting us know.

Maybe he dosent want his place of residence posted on this forum, and your posting his personal information, not very professional, and I signed up with my correct address and you still sent me that very same email with my name on it and I'm not from quebec...then I get this 1 , my spelling might not be the best but it shows how you guys rush stuff out, check the spelling lol

Last edited by Skyhigh; 02-25-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I checked your account and no, we did not send one to you. Also, to your point about privacy, all our customers are either in ON or QC, so I don't think there is a big issue here.

Comment

So Leshka, Basically what you are saying is Quebec customers are getting a little over 1 month notice of the price increase while Ontario customers are getting 4 days?

Comment

This message is different. This message was sent to our RG25/45, CO 20/50 and FTTN 50 customers who were not applied $5 off if they have our TV by mistake.

Comment

That's because there are more choices for alternate ISP's in Quebec. 4 days notice would certainly make their Quebec customers scatter like roaches when the lights come on!!

Not that k-beckers are roaches mind you.

However, you do raise a good point. Why is Quebec getting more notice than Ontario?

Comment

Originally posted by DM21 View Post
                              So Leshka, Basically what you are saying is Quebec customers are getting a little over 1 month notice of the price increase while Ontario customers are getting 4 days?
                              As George explained in some other thread, this delay with sending a notification out was not intentional. Because it's a system wide price adjustment that involves various historical plans, discounts, etc it took us longer than anticipated to get it sent out. Waiting another month was not an option for us either. None of our actions were on purpose or with any back thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X