I guess they got the message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_80s View Post
    That's because there are more choices for alternate ISP's in Quebec. 4 days notice would certainly make their Quebec customers scatter like roaches when the lights come on!!

Not that k-beckers are roaches mind you.

However, you do raise a good point. Why is Quebec getting more notice than Ontario?

either way, they could care less about their customers, despite their continued apologies, Period!!

side note; cant wait until we decide to go (not sure with who yet) this mess of a company is way too much anymore..and i have many more reasons NOT mentioned here or on their FB page, to leave..until "that" happens? ill continue to post and vent where i see fit

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhigh View Post

Maybe he dosent want his place of residence posted on this forum, and your posting his personal information, not very professional,
      You mean his personal information, that he lives in Ottawa? That is posted right there in his profile for anybody to see?

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post

This message was sent to our Quebec customers only. Your address is actually in Ottawa but during signup you indicated your province as QC and it stayed on the record.
        We will correct our error and move price adjustment back to March 1st. Thank you for letting us know.
        Yeah, when I first signed up I was moving to Ottawa from Quebec, so my credit card information was in Quebec. I told your staff on a few occasions that you had my billing information wrong after I moved. At one point you had me as "Ottawa, ON, QC" and then it was changed to just "Ottawa, QC" recently. I didn't bother getting it fixed since it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by DM21 View Post
          So Leshka, Basically what you are saying is Quebec customers are getting a little over 1 month notice of the price increase while Ontario customers are getting 4 days?
          My understanding is Quebec has far more strict customer-protection laws than the rest of Canada. I suspect there's a mandated 30 day notice in QC, otherwise VMedia would face harsh fines.

Comment

Hi Just to step in here, the legal framework regarding notice requirements in Quebec are different from Ontario, and accordingly we extended the mandatory notice period to them. In Ontario, a subscriber is entitled to object to the increase by cancelling their service within 30 days of the notice, without having to pay the difference. The difference is not substantive, as at the end of the day the remedy for the Quebec subscriber is the same, cancellation.

Comment

From the above post it seems that you just don't care. If you don't like it then go ahead and cancel, that's what I got from it. Why does this not surprise me? It fits with everything else we get so far from this company.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
                Hi Just to step in here, the legal framework regarding notice requirements in Quebec are different from Ontario, and accordingly we extended the mandatory notice period to them. In Ontario, a subscriber is entitled to object to the increase by cancelling their service within 30 days of the notice, without having to pay the difference. The difference is not substantive, as at the end of the day the remedy for the Quebec subscriber is the same, cancellation.

So I get charged on March 2nd, but have my account cancelled on March 11th, will I be pro-rated?

Comment

Dino damned if we do damned if we don't. That was not what I was saying at all, what I did was let people know why we did what we did, and what remedies you have. Would you prefer I kept that from you? I can understand if short of rolling back the increase nothing would address you disappointment but please don't impute ulterior motives to our genuine desire to inform and be straight up with your rights under our terms of service.

Comment

K. Off topic but have you guys taken a look at the CTV channels with what seems to be an increase in speed?

Comment

Originally posted by XxACExX
                      @ Skyhigh-- wow! We know that a customer lives in the Ottawa area. Maybe we can find him now with that information. Cmon man get real!!
                      I better make sure to lock my doors tonight!

Comment

In Ontario, a subscriber is entitled to object to the increase by cancelling their service within 30 days of the notice, without having to pay the difference.
                        So you're saying that if I canceled my service, I should be charged the old rates next month?

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post

So you're saying that if I canceled my service, I should be charged the old rates next month?
                          I think what he is saying is that since the notice, which was Feb 23? , so if we cancel before March 23, then they will have to give us the $5 or $10 back.

Comment

Are you a lawyer? I didn't think so. I am, please stop spreading nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post
                              As George explained in some other thread, this delay with sending a notification out was not intentional. Because it's a system wide price adjustment that involves various historical plans, discounts, etc it took us longer than anticipated to get it sent out. Waiting another month was not an option for us either. None of our actions were on purpose or with any back thoughts
                              What a joke if you call this customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Illegalincrease View Post

Are you a lawyer? I didn't think so. I am, please stop spreading nonsense.
                                Are you being ironic?
                                I believe George is a lawyer, yes. I suspect he is a very good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X