Watch Anywhere for Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

There is an additional cost, set by the channel, for allowing us to offer Go Access. It isn't something which is just included for free when we sign up to broadcast a channel. This additional fee would apply to all subscribers who have the particular channel in their package - regardless of if whether they choose to use Go Access or not.

It's something which we have to approach cautiously, because on one hand we want to offer as much choice and flexibility as possible for our customers, but on the other want to be price conscious and cannot absorb additional costs for Go Access indefinitely, as more and more channels begin offering this service. It's also important to note that for the channels which we have Go Access, it is a small amount of customers who actually do use this feature.

That being said, Sportsnet is certainly an important channel and we understand Go Access would be a welcomed feature for many. We're looking at our options and hopefully it is something which will be able offer in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post
      I agree with you. If it's not an optional service, then I don't want any part of it. I left Rogers to save money.
      I appreciate your position, makes perfect sense from your perspective. I also left Rogers and joined VMedia to save money. Unfortunately VMedia's TV service frustrated me so much I ended up dropping it but kept internet service.

However, from my perspective, I would see the Sportsnet Now service as a very valuable added benefit.
      The key reason I dropped the VMedia TV service was because it so unreliable.
      If I knew that in am emergency I could go to the internet to catch the Sportsnet channel feed I would consider resubscribing to VMedia TV and at the Premium Basic level.

So Matt, please don't just count the added cost of offering the Sportsnet Now add on service, please understand that there will be additional revenues. You could get an additional $44.95 a month from me because of it.

Please count me as a +1 in the vote to have Sportsnet Now.

Also worth noting that George Burger was on record as stating that appealing to those sports fans who would otherwise be cable cutters was one of VMedia's primary marketing strategies. Sportsnet Now is a perfect fit with that strategy. Surely George would also be a +1 based upon his previous position?
      Last edited by Swift; 10-12-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I understand there's a lot to consider. Count me as a supporter of Go Access to SportsNet.

Comment

Any updates on this? I see on the SportsNet website they still only have a handful of TV providers to choose from....whereas TSN appears to have almost every provider in Canada it seems. I really wanted to watch a game @ 3pm today. I guess that's not an option.

Comment

Hi,

Not at the moment unfortunately. It is quite expensive relatively for us to offer Go Access for this channel. There will be new pricing structure shortly with the new small theme packs and standalone offerings beginning in March. We will be able to revisit then once details are confirmed.

Comment

My view has always been with any of this... If you want it, you should have to bear the COST to provide the service to you. The guy who doesn't have Sportsnet or whatever network, should not have to pay for Sportsnet GO. Ideally if someone wants the GO services, they should be the only one paying for it, and not subsidised by the people who don't. From what you have said Matt, based on how the broadcaster sells it to you, you are unable to bill your customers in this fashion?

That's always been my issue with the current cable packaging by all providers. If you watch it/want it only you should have to pay for it. If that makes Sportsnet 100 dollars a month, then so be it. I should not have to pay MORE to support your ability to pay less.

Just my view.

Comment

Matt, I never watch sports except for Olympics, possibly Stanley cup and/or Super/Bowl. [ I watch sports every 2 years or possibly once or twicea year.. ]
                so those who live off sports should brunt the costs.
                just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by koreybray View Post
                  From what you have said Matt, based on how the broadcaster sells it to you, you are unable to bill your customers in this fashion?
                  That's correct. We pay an additional rate for Go Access for all channel subscribers - whether Go Access is used or not. This is the reason why Global Go was removed. We were paying a substantial amount every month for access to this service, despite only a handful of customers actually logging in and using it.

With new changes coming in the way of small theme packs and a-la-carte channels, we hope the pricing model for Go Access will be addressed. This is something we'd like to offer for all channels which offer it, but it needs to be priced appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                    Hi,

Not at the moment unfortunately. It is quite expensive relatively for us to offer Go Access for this channel. There will be new pricing structure shortly with the new small theme packs and standalone offerings beginning in March. We will be able to revisit then once details are confirmed.

Hi - Now that March has come and gone and with Rogers big launch today of Sportsnet Now being available to everyone in Canada as a standalone streaming package, can you revisit the Go Access soon please. I would love to combine my TV and streaming needs and presumably get a significant bundled discount over Roger's standalone package. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post

Hi - Now that March has come and gone and with Rogers big launch today of Sportsnet Now being available to everyone in Canada as a standalone streaming package, can you revisit the Go Access soon please. I would love to combine my TV and streaming needs and presumably get a significant bundled discount over Roger's standalone package. Many thanks.
                      I would like this as well.

Comment

Yes please! Count me in!

Comment

Sportsnet NOW - Take the Game With You!

Hey Sports Fans! VMedia is pleased to announce the addition of Sportsnet to our growing list of Go Apps. Sportsnet NOW provides 24/7 access to Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, and Sportsnet 360 content, on your tablet, smartphone or computer - including live games!

More on our blog.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X