"UChoose" Question - Trading Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "UChoose" Question - Trading Channels

Scenario: I want to trade a channel in my UChoose package for a different one offered in UChoose.

Reason for this post: A little while back, I tried doing something similar online, from Manage TV, and ran into some issues, apparently due to the billing cycle. Of course, I also made a mistake of my own, which may have actually been the reason things went weird.

Q. What is the right way to do this, so I don't run into billing issues?

I figure I should just be able to click one channel off and select another, as long as everything takes place within the UChoose selection, but I thought I'd ask first, as there may be some caveats. (For instance, I don't know if I need to wait until a certain day of the month, etc.) All I want to do is trade a channel for another one of the same price, without causing any disturbance to the charges.

Hi,

After signing in, select Manage TV, and then UChoose. Then select the category that is applicable for your subscription (ex: UChoose Any, UChoose 5, UChoose 10, Any 20).

You'll see your current channel selections highlighted. Deselect the channel you would like to drop, and select the channel you would like to add.

The deselected channel will fall off your subscription at the end of the current billing cycle. The newly added channel will be available immediately, and there will be a small pro-rated fee for this channel from the order date to the end of the current billing period.

Comment

The newly added channel will be available immediately, and there will be a small pro-rated fee for this channel from the order date to the end of the current billing period.
      This is part of what triggered the question.
      So, what you're saying is, there's no way to just trade the channels, and have the new config take over on the next cycle?

It would be nice to have that option, but I may understand why it isn't a thing.

On the lighter side, I guess the pro-rated fee for a part-month on a $3 channel isn't really a big deal. The only thing is, I pay by internet banking, so the other part of my question is, will there be an issue with the account or service due to a "gap" in the payment, as soon as I make the trade? (I think we had a similar conversation when I tried changing a package before.)

Q. Will I get to settle that fee when paying for the next cycle, or will I have to balance the account upon making the channel selection?

Comment

When you make an adjustment to your UChoose subscription, any channels which you elect to remove will take affect at the end of the current subscription period.

If you elect to add new channels, either on the date you’ve removed channels or at a later time, prorated service fees will be applicable from the date added through to the end of the current billing period, and you will be taken through our usual shopping cart checkout process and asked to make payment.

Checkout payment methods are Visa and MasterCard debit or credit cards, American Express, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.

You will, of course, be able to continue to pay for recurring monthly service fees moving forward via Online Banking.

Comment

...you will be taken through our usual shopping cart checkout process and asked to make payment.

Checkout payment methods are Visa and MasterCard debit or credit cards, American Express, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.

You will, of course, be able to continue to pay for recurring monthly service fees moving forward via Online Banking.

So according to that, there is no way someone who either doesn't have a CC, or simply doesn't want to use one, can swap channels at any given point. Payment for the new channel must be made on the spot, without option to attach the fee to the next billing cycle, which is normally paid by internet banking.

I'm unclear as to whether the new channel would be added anyway, while putting the account in arrears, or if the request for the new channel would simply be cancelled for lack of CC payment.

Do you see what I'm talking about?

The only way I can see to accomplish what I want is to first, make an advance payment to VMedia that would cover the fee, wait until the payment shows at your end, and then go into my account and trade the channels. Would that work?

Comment

Hello,

You will be required to make payment at the time you elect to make adjustments to your subscription. This is consistent with our general billing practices. When you signed up for service, or if you’ve ever ordered accessories, upgraded your internet speed, ordered a new modem, payment is taken at the time the order is placed, as VMedia operates as prepaid service.

What you can do as a work around if you no longer have access or would not like to use a primary payment method (Visa, Mastercard, etc.), is make a payment to your account through online banking when there is no outstanding amount owing. This payment will appear as a positive balance in your account. When you proceed through checkout and make adjustments to your subscription, there will be a toggle available on the summary page to "use internal balance". Should your internal account balance be greater than the sum owing for the changes you are electing to make, you will not be prompted to enter your (primary) payment method for immediate payment and this will be dedicated from your internal balance.

Comment

"Yes" is really all I needed there.
              Thanks Matt.
              I'll do a top-up on the account and wait for it to clear.

The only way I can see to accomplish what I want is to first, make an advance payment to VMedia that would cover the fee, wait until the payment shows at your end, and then go into my account and trade the channels. Would that work?

Comment

When you proceed through checkout and make adjustments to your subscription, there will be a toggle available on the summary page to "use internal balance".
                Okay Matt, I made a payment a few days ago, and when I sign in, it shows what looks like a positive balance in my account.
                I then went in and adjusted the channels, and made it to the Summary page (as you've referred to).

However, there is no such option on that page, or the Payment page, to "use internal balance".
                What am I missing?

UPDATE:
                Never mind.
                The "use internal balance" switch appeared after a few refreshes. Looks like a timing thing, related to my account being credited from the banking deposit.

All's good. The pro-rated fee payment was accepted, and the balance reflects that.
                Last edited by AlphaSet; 01-17-2023, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X