No announcement yet.

Vmedia + Wind Mobile = Quad-Play Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with Wind Mobile for 3 years, just like any other startup it has had its growing pains, which you have to endure but there is no question about the value proposition they present.

Having recently signed a roaming agreement with Telus, it will greatly improve their network coverage as well across the country, and they have dropped their roaming fees to just 5 cents a minute, not to mention its $15 unlimited voice and data when travelling to the US, better than what Robellus has on offer.

Having said that, I've travelled quite extensively across southern ontario with my Wind phone and have had decent to good coverage from Niagara Falls to Durham Region and up to Barrie and also Kitchener-Waterloo.

Are they deadspots? Yes they are as they are with my Bell phone I have from work.

Wind has been making some interesting moves recently and if they can acquire some of the AWS-3 spectrum next year they will be better for it.

A Vmedia - Wind partnership could make it a whole lot more interesting........

Any updates on this that you can share with us George?

Comment

Hi Wolfsburg would love to say we have been doing alot of thinking about it but as you can see from all the other topics here, we have had our hands full getting our service back to our standard. We are getting there. The idea is of course a great one, and we will probably consider ways to mak

Comment

Hi Wolfsburg would love to say we have been doing alot of thinking about it but as you can see from all the other topics here, we have had our hands full getting our service back to our standard. We are getting there. The idea is of course a great one, and we will probably consider ways to make it happen in the new year. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

I used to be with Wind mobile but roaming charges when not in a wind zone were getting the best of me. I also made the switch to Koodo mobile and have been happy since. I also like their option of purchasing non-roaming data blocks with a simple text when travelling through the U.S. I'd like to see Vmedia partner with Koodo.

Comment

Koodo is pretty solid, I just wish their LTE network was one of the more common frequencies, instead of Band 4. None of the Chinese companies putting out cheap high end (ish) phones support Band 4 LTE.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post
              Koodo is pretty solid, I just wish their LTE network was one of the more common frequencies, instead of Band 4. None of the Chinese companies putting out cheap high end (ish) phones support Band 4 LTE.

Except maybe iPhone 5 and abover, Samsung Galaxy 2 and above and many other cheap high end (ish) phones made by a Chinese company. Whats with you and the electronics from China being cheap junk?
              Have you read a news article in the last 5 years? Sorry to inform you that based on the cost of manufacturing due to high taxation etc, pretty much all electronics, class 1 and class 2 is manufactured in China and surrounding area.
              As a moderator for the Vmedia forum are you doing the company a favor by suggesting the cheap Chinese hardware is the reason for the problems customers are experiencing?

Vmedia, please provide me a refund on the vbox hardware I purchased since this moderator has informed us in a couple of posts that the issues are related to the Vbox being a cheap Chinese re-branded Android box. Since Vmedia advertises the vbox as "VMedia’s advanced set top box" and obviously is not telling the customers the truth, I want to return the hardware for a refund. Once Vmedia has non-cheap Chinese Android boxes available, I would return as a customer...

Comment

Originally posted by vwannabe View Post
                Except maybe iPhone 5 and abover, Samsung Galaxy 2 and above and many other cheap high end (ish) phones made by a Chinese company. Whats with you and the electronics from China being cheap junk?
                Have you read a news article in the last 5 years? Sorry to inform you that based on the cost of manufacturing due to high taxation etc, pretty much all electronics, class 1 and class 2 is manufactured in China and surrounding area.
                As a moderator for the Vmedia forum are you doing the company a favor by suggesting the cheap Chinese hardware is the reason for the problems customers are experiencing?

Vmedia, please provide me a refund on the vbox hardware I purchased since this moderator has informed us in a couple of posts that the issues are related to the Vbox being a cheap Chinese re-branded Android box. Since Vmedia advertises the vbox as "VMedia’s advanced set top box" and obviously is not telling the customers the truth, I want to return the hardware for a refund. Once Vmedia has non-cheap Chinese Android boxes available, I would return as a customer...
                I am a volunteer mod, and as such my opinions are entirely my own and have nothing to do with VMedia (see my various criticisms of various missteps that VMedia has taken over the last year or so). My only purpose here as a mod is to try help keep spam under control and make sure people aren't violating the rules of the boards.

And yes, I'm well aware that most electronics are manufactured in China. That doesn't mean that there aren't still Chinese companies pumping out cheap crap for the mass market. And the current VBox (a rebranded Geniatech ATV1200) definitely falls into that category. There's no false advertising here though - it's definitely an "advanced set top box". It runs Android, you can do all kinds of amazing things with it, as long as you're one of the ones who doesn't have any issues with it. But it definitely appears to me to be suffering from some quality control issues, based on the wildly variable user experiences we seem to be seeing on these forums, using the same hardware and software. But this is the only device which I have said was cheap Chinese junk.

In fact, in the post that you quoted, that seems to have offended you so, I said that the phones are "cheap and high end (ish)". No mention of the word junk at all. In fact, I actually love that you can get cheap high end phones from relatively unknown Chinese manufacturers. Better than getting stuck in a 2 year contract to pay less than $700 for a flagship phone with one of the cell providers. The reason I added the (ish) in there is because generally you're sacrificing *something* on these sub-$200 phones... Whether it be camera quality, battery life, or screen resolution. But there's lots to love about them.

Comment

Working...
                X