Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
    we are unable to do anything like that alexb
    something some of you should keep in mind,, the moderators here (except for Matt) are all unpaid volunteers, donating their time to help people in this forum, we are the same as everyone else here..
    sometimes it's not easy, like in this very thread, to ignore trolls who just like to vent on innocent people cause it makes them feel better somehow... but we do our best
    A couple of days ago I posted details about the provider I was switching to and that post was deleted by someone within an hour. If it wasn't one of you guys, it must have been George, Matt or Leshka. Anyway, I'll post some details below.

Originally posted by wearysky
    Better unlimited service than VMedia for cheaper? What company offers that?
    Here's a comparison of VMedia cable internet vs. three ISPs with high ratings on CanadianISP and DSLReports:

VMedia
    30/5 unlimited for $59.95/month
    60/10 unlimited for $74.95/month

Start Communications
    30/5 unlimited for $60/month
    60/10 unlimited for $80/month

Electronic Box
    30/5 1000GB for $27.95/month for first six months, then $50.95/month afterwards
    60/10 1000GB for $64.95/month
    Not unlimited, but most people would have to go out of their way to use that much data in a month.

HeroNet
    30/5 unlimited for $58.88/month
    60/10 unlimited for $78.88/month

If you factor in the $5 discount for subscribing to IPTV with VMedia, their price points are more appealing, but for an internet-only subscriber, not so much, especially when you factor in the congestion issues in the evening. Hopefully for VMedia's sake that's resolved sooner rather than later.

And if any VMedia moderator feels the need to delete this post, why? If someone is looking to switch, they'll shop around and find this information on their own. I'm not trying to entice anyone to leave VMedia, simply trying to point out that VMedia's new prices aren't that competitive anymore.
    Last edited by alexb; 02-26-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post

A couple of days ago I posted details about the provider I was switching to and that post was deleted by someone within an hour. If it wasn't one of you guys, it must have been George, Matt or Leshka. Anyway, I'll post some details below.

Here's a comparison of VMedia cable internet vs. three ISPs with high ratings on CanadianISP and DSLReports:

VMedia
      30/5 unlimited for $59.95/month
      60/10 unlimited for $74.95/month

Start Communications
      30/5 unlimited for $60/month
      60/10 unlimited for $80/month

Electronic Box
      30/5 1000GB for $27.95/month for first six months, then $50.95/month afterwards
      60/10 1000GB for $64.95/month
      Not unlimited, but most people would have to go out of their way to use that much data in a month.

HeroNet
      30/5 unlimited for $58.88/month
      60/10 unlimited for $78.88/month

If you factor in the $5 discount for subscribing to IPTV with VMedia, their price points are more appealing, but for an internet-only subscriber, not so much, especially when you factor in the congestion issues in the evening. Hopefully for VMedia's sake that's resolved sooner rather than later.

And if any VMedia moderator feels the need to delete this post, why? If someone is looking to switch, they'll shop around and find this information on their own. I'm not trying to entice anyone to leave VMedia, simply trying to point out that VMedia's new prices aren't that competitive anymore.

i saw that post and later noticed it was deleted/removed - funny ESP considering that one post by George B yestreday with the links, was offered for anyone to review if they so wished to jump ship and join the likes of ******/******...too funny
      Last edited by katburglars; 02-26-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
        Moderators don't have the ability to remove posts, but I don't think it's right to use vmedia's forum to advertise alternatives for services they offer. Vmedia isn't a charity, they're trying to run a business. If you're not happy with the services they provide it's your prerogative to seek out better alternative that work for you... But it isn't fair to Vmedia for you to use their resources to potentially take away some of their business.

If people are looking for that kind of stuff, go to DSL reports, or red flag deals or something that won't be a conflict of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeaul View Post

Moderators don't have the ability to remove posts, but I don't think it's right to use vmedia's forum to advertise alternatives for services they offer. Vmedia isn't a charity, they're trying to run a business. If you're not happy with the services they provide it's your prerogative to seek out better alternative that work for you... But it isn't fair to Vmedia for you to use their resources to potentially take away some of their business.

If people are looking for that kind of stuff, go to DSL reports, or red flag deals or something that won't be a conflict of interest.
          i agree, this is not the place to do that.. very unethical

Comment

i would definitely have to have those powers to mod, here...im a bit fickle that way, lol

Comment

Mod's do have the ability to delete posts. I've deleted a few posts, mostly spam and a few really offensive ones. I will not delete any posts based on their content unless the contain profanity or are pure spam. It's not my place to determine what can and can't be said about VMedia or competitors on this thread.
              Last edited by Hacksaw2085; 02-26-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
                Mod's do have the ability to delete posts. I've deleted a few posts, mostly spam and a few really offensive ones. I will not delete any posts based on their content unless the contain profanity or are pure spam. It's not my place to determine what can and can't be said about VMedia or competitors on this thread.

... gotcha

Comment

Well said, and I agree. I would not blame George, Leshka or Matt for removing a post like this. I would do it if I was them.

Comment

It's very true...we do have the power to remove posts, but like hacksaw, only for spam and profanity. I would never delete something that wasn't my place to delete.

Comment

mods are here tonite in full force though, hmmm lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slyde View Post

It's very true...we do have the power to remove posts, but like hacksaw, only for spam and profanity. I would never delete something that wasn't my place to delete.
                        I know I tried to delete something a while back and it said I wasn't authorized to do it... So I haven't had the need to try again.

Comment

i stand corrected... just saw the delete post button (soft delete)... but no edit, split/merge etc.
                          i guess i never noticed it before... wasn't there 2 months ago :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
                            i stand corrected... just saw the delete post button (soft delete)... but no edit, split/merge etc.
                            i guess i never noticed it before... wasn't there 2 months ago :-)

You're welcome? haha. This explains why I felt like the only person deleting the spam posts.

Comment

You're welcome? haha. This explains why I felt like the only person deleting the spam posts.
                              hehe thank you :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X