New email regarding the switch to rogers internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Henry,

Yes, the DCM476 is a currently approved modem for in market Rogers plans, you would indeed be able to use it if making the switch.

Comment

Hi,

We've sent out the first batch to a segment of customers who have a current, in-market plan, and can be transferred to TPIA direct network without having to change their plan. These transfers will begin later this week.

Once we get an idea of how many transfers can be facilitated per day, and when this first batch will be completed, we will send out next wave which should include those who are on grandfathered plans and would like to change to an in-market plan and make the switch.

Comment

So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboCack View Post
          Just my thoughts on this $20 tipa thing. Rogers activation fee is only $14.95, but VMedia is charging $20.00 to its existing customers to be activated on Rogers network. This seems a little funny. I know Rogers really likes money, but I would think they would offer a lower "bulk" rate to large amount of customers being activated at once; as opposed to a "higher then the regular price" rate. This really looks like Rogers is not the only people making money on this tipa switch over.
          That's because ROGERS owns the wires, and can choose not to charge to install.. Rogers and Bell etc have got the CRTC to agree to allow them to charge VMEDIA and others 20 dollars per transfer and 75 (I think) to do a full install.

The TPIA/Wholesalers are not making HUGE profits to eat those costs, which is why they pass them directly.

ALL TPIA/Wholesale providers do this, who don't do contracts.

Comment

Hi Henry,

Not at all. The first group is being transferred over presently and once these have all been completed, we will be able to send emails to customers on grandfathered plans who wish to make the switch and change to an in-market plan. Will post additional details once we have a better idea of when this will go out.

Comment

Working...
            X