No announcement yet.

TV price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be looking at Bell and Rogers to see what they offer, I think I can get close to what vmedia is offering with the discounts etc, and I don't have to have crapy Internet speeds and TV service.

Comment

As if by luck, I had called last evening to cancel my TV services and retain only Internet. In fact, I actually put in a request to upgrade my 30/5 to 60/10, which would go into effect from April, with an intention of sticking with VMedia just for Internet.

However, with the price increase, and upon looking at the overall cost closer, it seems to be only around 10-15% cheaper than "one of the big 3". Additionally, given that the Big 3 never really have any long term performance issues (not as long as VMedia), I'm ready to pay the extra 10-15% premium for a top quality product. If you're lucky enough to be able to get a bundled price, there is a possibility it might even work out cheaper.

I really wanted to give VMedia a chance - I bought the VBox, modem and home phone service outright last September. Honestly feel bad that I've had to leave, but it isn't making economic sense anymore. VMedia is extremely promising - but I feel there's a while to go before they can mature and handle situations better.

Interesting point to note is that I have not been able to call customer service to cancel. The lines are inundated - pretty much the last nail in the coffin that vindicates my reason to leave. I have a ticket issued through chat right now, and hopefully will get cancelled before I switch this weekend.

Also note that CRTC no longer requires you to give a 30 day cancellation notice. (http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm)

Thank you VMedia, I wish you all the best for the future.
      Last edited by Pr4sanna; 02-24-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Slow speeds and almost unwatchable TV service is making me look at other providers, the service is not getting better.

Comment

Vmedia is crazy. This price is not justified. The level of service can't be compared to the big three whatsoever. My new monthly price will be 115 dollars a month. Approx a 5 dollar decrease from 120 a month I was offered by rogers for a superior level of reliability for Internet and cable. I think vmedia will realize very quickly that the reason they were doing so well was the competitive advantage they have financially but with this increase that advantage is gone and I will be in line with the rest cancelling my tv service and holding in a wait and see until I cancel my internet as well.

I'm extremely disappointed with this decision, the limited notice, and the lack of recognition to the long term customers that have dealt with all the struggles of a new company.

I sincerely believe this will really hurt vmedia and seriously put them at risk of being swallowed up- which is the last thing I want.

Comment

Originally posted by jromyn View Post
            the lack of recognition to the long term customers that have dealt with all the struggles of a new company.

Excellent point which hasnt been brought up already....

Comment

Originally posted by jromyn View Post
              Vmedia is crazy. This price is not justified. The level of service can't be compared to the big three whatsoever. My new monthly price will be 115 dollars a month. Approx a 5 dollar decrease from 120 a month I was offered by rogers for a superior level of reliability for Internet and cable. I think vmedia will realize very quickly that the reason they were doing so well was the competitive advantage they have financially but with this increase that advantage is gone and I will be in line with the rest cancelling my tv service and holding in a wait and see until I cancel my internet as well.

I'm extremely disappointed with this decision, the limited notice, and the lack of recognition to the long term customers that have dealt with all the struggles of a new company.

I sincerely believe this will really hurt vmedia and seriously put them at risk of being swallowed up- which is the last thing I want.

Yeah pretty much how I feel, I'm saying bye bye to IPTV for now and keeping the internet but that may change to....I'm pretty chocked up by the lack of notice they gave 2...pretty sneaky if you ask me

Comment

Are these increases for people who were on grandfathered plans? Some people I have talked to who signed on recently don't have any increases to their bills.

Comment

I'm not really sure my comments should go in this, but after looking at a number of postings, especially after being advised of the price increase, I am in overload and confused.

I agree that there should be more choices. I don't want all the sports channels. I resent having to pay for something I don't watch. I also resent having spotty service, with audio and video out of sync, freezes. It was good for a while, but it's slipping again. Not happy.

Also, the VBox is a nuisance. It doesn't always want to shut off with the remote, so I have to turn off, reset, whatever to get to start up again appropriately. Getting tired of it.

Bottom line, I'm not getting everything I'm paying for....

Comment

Vmedia isn't allowing my comments. I wrote a long post and here is the gist: we have power in numbers. We need to get as many people as possible to threaten to leave en masse. I can guarantee if we get 1000 or so people we will be able to negotiate a great deal with one of the big three. Further, I bet Vmedia may even try to keep us by reversing the decision for current subscribers. Reply back to this if you are in for forming something like a union.

Comment

looking back on this thread - how true were my previous posts LOL
                      I was right and I will pat myself on the back..
                      11 sport channels that I will not watch and now we are all paying for it for the few..
                      not to mention I did say - the choice of packaging it as an option would have been better as there will be those that will cancel, if we as whole have to swallow that pill...
                      how haunting I foreshadowed will happen.. now it is time to go short a telecom/internet provider's stock on the exchange LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X