• Time
  • Show
Clear All

will fix shipping fees this week to allow cheaper combined price

Comment

Thanks Leshka!

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
        They have them on the website for order. They are $19.99 with $15 shipping! That's obsurd. I really hope they get some shipped to Canada Computers there is no way I'll pay that much for shipping.
        i must be blind..
        can you post the link, i cant find it anywhere..
        vmedia.ca or canada computers site?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
          i must be blind..
          can you post the link, i cant find it anywhere..
          vmedia.ca or canada computers site?

Login to your Vmedia account here: https://www.vmedia.ca/account.aspx

Under TV, choose "Order Accessories". You can see the remote there. But yeah, as mentioned above there is no point in ordering it right now since it's a $15 shipping charge.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post

Login to your Vmedia account here: https://www.vmedia.ca/account.aspx

Under TV, choose "Order Accessories". You can see the remote there. But yeah, as mentioned above there is no point in ordering it right now since it's a $15 shipping charge.
            awesome,. thank you wearysky

although priced at $35 for 1 including shipping which almost doubles the price, but its not totally excessive for the size and weight.
            should advertise free shipping, cause no one likes to pay shipping when they can just walk into a local store and buy it.
            Last edited by Sarum; 09-09-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Vboxes are out of stock at the Canada Computers in London. Hopefully they are getting more soon
              Hopefully Canada Computers will sell the new remotes as well. Makes it real easy to get since I am always in London for something

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
                awesome,. thank you wearysky

although priced at $35 for 1 including shipping which almost doubles the price, but its not totally excessive for the size and weight.
                should advertise free shipping, cause no one likes to pay shipping when they can just walk into a local store and buy it.

I dunno - I think $15 is actually pretty excessive to ship a remote. Unless it comes in a ridiculously oversized box.

Comment

That is why I hope we can get them at CC. I think it would be smart to make them available at CC so when I go buy my VBOXs I can get the new remote as well
                  Is there some info on the new remote? Is it RF?

Comment

delivering next batch of boxes to CC today. Negotiating new remotes with them too

Comment

btw, remote shipping will be adjusted to $10 today

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post
                        delivering next batch of boxes to CC today. Negotiating new remotes with them too
                        Great news
                        Is there more details on the new remote. the web site does not say much. Is the remote RF (can it go thru the walls).
                        I distribute one of my Bell satellite receivers to all TVs in the house so a RF remote is needed for that.
                        Thanks

Comment

building a page for it. It is RF and IR. IR for power on/off and RF for everything else. Supports other OS, like Windows

Comment

So will it only turn on the VBOX using IR. My VBOX will be in the basement but I use the TV on the 2nd floor and the remote there as well.
                            I do it currently with my Bell PVR and a RF remote. I hope this remote will do the same. Will fit perfect in my house if so.

Comment

Well I took the plunge

I've signed up on-line for Cable 55 internet scheduled for Sept 27th. We'll see how that goes. I'm also going to my local CanadaComputers to pickup 3 Vboxes and 2 new remotes. Then figure out how to get the 2 free months of TV.

Thanks again to everyone who replied and I'll update you with the details of the install and any issues experienced.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

You can call in to tell them you bought your VBoxes from Canada Computers, and they will give you the 2 free months.
                                Last edited by wearysky; 09-19-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X